Astrid*Stars: Books...Thoughts?

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Books...Thoughts?

Hey guys, again I know I'm behind on posts. I'm trying to catch up after choosing sleep and exercise over blogging, but since I am currently waiting for my food to settle before working out for the day, I decided it was the right time to sit down and blog a little.

Any way (I say that a lot don't I?!), I don't know about you but I LOVE books!! Ever since I was little, I couldn't get enough of them. They were my escape and I loved letting my imagination run wild with them. As I've gotten older though, I've noticed that reading often gets put on the back burner for most of the year except in the summer and winter breaks. The reason for this unfortunate fact is simply there is a lot to do in my everyday life. After having to attend classes and do schoolwork and then going to work and having to do chores and all that other stuff that fills my day, all I want to do is shut my brain off in front of the TV. Now, I know I have the option of curling up with a good book, but the TV seems so tempting because it doesn't really need much focus. I mean really how much energy and attention span is needed to plop down in front of The Real Housewives of Orange County? Not much really.

But I've finally decided to kind of shake off these excuses because I have a stack of untouched books and also because recently things have been spiced up for me in the book department. Now what does that mean exactly, I'm sure your asking. Well it means that I have been spending more time exploring GoodReads lately (I'm pretty new to it, but love it) and also joining some pretty awesome book clubs through Meetup.com as well as through the Toneitup.com community(we girls reach out on instagram/twitter and our group's managed on Facebook). The picture above is one of the rare nights I decided to go to Starbucks, grab my tea and granola, sit down by a window and read a book I'd been slowly progressing through (it's a good book FYI, just hadn't really made the time for it until then).

I love the times I can truly give myself this type of "me" time. I also often take my books to the gym if I know I'll be using the bike or just carry one around in my purse in case I'm in a situation where extreme boredom may otherwise occur. In fact, I've been having a lot more time to read now, or really making more time to read. I actually stayed up till 5 a.m. not too long ago devouring a whole book that I'd found in the iBooks store (careful, this is very dangerous for booklovers' wallets LOL). I actually reviewed this book on
GoodReads as I'm trying to be present on there. The book I read was along the lines of Fifty Shades of Gray and also started as a fanfiction, but I felt had more of a story line (from what I've heard about FSOG) and was called Beautiful Bastard.

This got me to thinking though, maybe you guys may like to read book reviews on here. I mean why not? For those of you who love to read like me, this may be helpful and for me it keeps me blogging and reading at the same time. Let me know in the comments if this is something you may want to see on here.

Books on My Mind,
Astrid


No comments:

Post a Comment