Astrid*Stars: Day 1 in New York City: Times Square and Fifth Avenue

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 1 in New York City: Times Square and Fifth Avenue

So as promised, here is my post on my first day in the wonderful New York City. The picture above is one I took while strolling down the famour Fifth Avenue. I became obsessed with the buildings here as you can tell by this picture LOL. But before I go into that, let's rewind back a little. Once my mom, sister and me changed out of our grossness from flying, we walked over to the subway station just 2 minutes from my new "home" and took the 7 train out to Times Square. We explored for maybe 10 minutes before we decided to look for a place to eat because we hadn't had a proper meal since earlier that morning and it was already 4 pm. So we Yelped nearby restaurants and found Carmine's.


It was honestly the best Italian food we have had in our lives! Sadly, Los Angeles has yet to step up in this regard :( Anyway, for those of you who haven't been to Carmine's, it serves family style plates, i.e. "sharing is encouraged" as stated by the hostess. Indeed, we filled up on a caesar salad and some rigatoni and broccoli and still had left overs. Honestly, if you visit NYC come here and if you want to see a Broadway show, it's right in the theater district. 

While we could have explored Times Square after our delicious meal, my sister had mentioned wanting to go to Tiffany & Co. on Fifth Avenue and so we headed north. We started walking east on Fifth Avenue instead of west though so we had to turn back, and boy was it a long way to her intended destination. However, no true complaints as we got to see some other famous stores as well as other awesome landmarks. The one I truly geeked out over? 

If you guessed, New York Public Library then you are right! Honestly being the bookworm that I am, it really shouldn't come as a surprise. Now you know where I'll be spending my time since I'm trying not to accumulate books while I'm here. The reason being, how will I bring them back to LA with me, since I probably won't stop at 5 LOL. Anyway, we also found St. Patrick's Cathedral(not pictured) which is being restored as well as other really architecturally amazing churches (pictures below) that I don't remember the names of. 



We also found Trump Towers along the way. While I'm not a fan of Donald Trump at all(I find him highly arrogant and therefore annoying), this building itself was quite the view due to how tall it is that you truly have to twist your neck a bit to take all of it in. It also wouldn't fit all in one picture.



Impressive right?! I certainly thought so. Finally though, we made it to Tiffany's. And of course my sister needed a picture to capture the memory.


We also found what I think is the coolest Apple Store, ever! Yes, I know, I'm a total geek/nerd LOL.


Well, it's getting late and tomorrow will be another day of site seeing. I will post all about Day 2 tomorrow which was mostly exploring my new neighborhood. And I'll leave you with some more pictures.

Dirtsa under a Fifth Avenue sign

Famous Yellow Taxi and Police Line(sorry for the trouble, JK)

Obsessed. 

Under scaffolds :)

Coolest Mailbox in my opinion, but then again, I love things with old school charm!

In love with the buildings/skyline here

Louis Vuitton on Fifth Avenue

In front of Tiffany's


Bergdorf Goodman (part of it anyway)

Heading Home on the 7 train.
XOXO,
Astrid



No comments:

Post a Comment