Astrid*Stars: New Hair...Sorta

Saturday, August 17, 2013

New Hair...Sorta

Hey guys, so I meant to post this up two weeks ago, but my computer had other plans. That being said, I am now writing my first blog post ever on my new Macbook Pro :) I gotta say, I do prefer this one. Now I've actually had this computer for about 2-3 weeks, but have just put it to use as of recently, concentrating instead on cleaning out my old one and also getting ready for my move to beautiful NYC (post on that coming up)!

Anyway, let's get down to business. The picture above is me on the morning of August 8th, 2013, before I went in for an overdue hair cut. Now I loved my hair this length and really liked the color, but my hair was also full of split ends and my roots were starting to show, A LOT lol. So I decided to go in for what initially was going to be a trim, but ended up just asking to cut about 2 inches to get rid of as many split ends (which I still have a lot of) as well as added layers and bangs for a little change and to add some depth to my hairstyle. Behold the after: 
It sure looks fluffier, doesn't it. Well that was right after the cut (initially, I wanted something different then the outcome, but my stylist let me know it wouldn't suit my obnoxiously petite face), but there's more. Since I was moving to NYC and well colorists are expensive, I decided to dye my hair as close to my natural shade as possible. So my sister dyed it about a week ago and here is the final outcome:
The lighter color still shows through a little, but not as much as it appears to do in this picture. I'm kinda glad to be back to a brunette though, surprisingly. So what do you guys thing? Good or bad change? Any trends you want to try or you think I should try? Can't wait to see what your comments will be. 

Locks and Tresses,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment