Astrid*Stars: Day 5 in NYC: Walking Central Park, ALL OF IT

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Day 5 in NYC: Walking Central Park, ALL OF IT

central park

So I know I was really good on this blog for a while earlier this month and it might have seen I was back to being a bad blogger. BUT this time I have a valid excuse. I was actually avoiding and procrastinating on my final projects and papers by working on this blog ( LOL yes my form to avoid what I should be doing is being productive in other things I've procrastinated on), but alas I had to pay attention to final projects and papers as well as finish up my internship. So now that everything is officially done and turned in, I can get back to giving this blog the much love it needs. Anyway off to what this blog is about and that is the fifth day of NYC touristy things which was walking all of Central Park. 

central park
Let's Begin

central park

central park

central park

So when my mom asked what we should do on this day of the vacation week, I suggested why don't we do one of the most NYC touristy things I could thing of which was to visit Central Park. We all agreed that it was a good idea, but my were we naive. See, we didn't know just how big the park actually was, we just thought oh we will get right to the parts of the park we always hear or see in any show that takes place in NYC. Well we were in for a big awakening. When I looked up the directions for how to get there, I had many different options for "addresses" and so I decided that starting at the North End would be the best idea so we could start from the very top (again I was very naive to just how much the park embarked). That meant we ended up starting near Harlem. 

We then decided to choose a random trail that for whatever reason made sense to us and went on our merry way. Well this meant we ended up walking around, somewhat aimlessly, for 2 hours. We seriously just walked and walked and walked and of course I took many pictures in between. Even though we, especially my mom and Dirtsa, wanted to make sense of this trail and end up somewhere of notice where we could call it a day and say we walked through Central Park so this could be over, I must say we got some really nice views. 

central park
My pretty sister allowing me to take an artsy pic of her on the bridge :)

central park

central park

Central Park
Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre(or so the sign said)


Central park


central park
Sorry for the Blurriness, hard to focus in bright sunlight

Central Park

Central park

Eventually we did find Sheep's Meadow, and the Carousel, and to much relief a place to eat called the BallPlayer's House. And we ended up walking ALL of the park or at least walked from the very North end to the very South end by Fifth Avenue. So yea, my mom and sister were definitely pissed I made them walk about 6 miles that day. However that didn't stop us from making a quick visit to FAO Schwartz at the end of it LOL. In all honesty though, I really enjoyed myself because the park truly did feel magical. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pictures and here are some more.

central park


Central park
Carousel

central park
Food, Finally!

Central Park





Central park
View of the buildings from inside the park

central park
Mom and Dirtsa

central park
Mom and me :)

central park
Ending with the monument(?) on Fifth Avenue.



fao schwartz
Best Ending to a nature filled day LOL
Tired feet, but much love,
Astrid


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment