Astrid*Stars: Day 8 in NYC: The Met and the Upper East Side

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 8 in NYC: The Met and the Upper East Side

NYC, The Met

So on the last day of my mom and sister's stay in NYC, we decided to get cultured LOL. We chose to go to the Met, one of the most iconic places in the Big Apple. It took us a while to get there and I have to admit, we were kind of lost, but it was worth it. Also this museum is quite prominent in a little show I love, Gossip Girl, so of course I had to have my sister take a picture of me on the steps (and my mom). 

NYC, The Met, Gossip Girl

Don't we look very Upper East Side-y? LOL. I know the show is over, but it's still one of my favorites. Anyway, this museum is huge so we didn't get to see everything, but we did see a lot of knights in Shining Armor, some weaponry, a nice load of ancient Aztec, Mayan and other indigenous culture masks and artifacts, modern art, and an American photography exhibit. 

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

NYC, The Met

After we felt like we got enough culture in us, we decided to, or more like Dirtsa found it, go to Dylan's Candy Bar. Now we do have one of these in LA, but this is the flagship store. It also has lots of candy, which I like LOL. Since we were already in the area, we also decided to go a looking for Serendipity (3), but we didn't feel like waiting just to go in and eat frozen hot chocolate (yes I know that's an oxymoron), so we just took pictures like the posers we are. 
NYC, Dylan's candy bar

NYC, Dylan's candy bar

NYC, Dylan's candy bar

NYC, Serendipity 3

XOXO, future Upper East Sider (JK),
Astrid 



No comments:

Post a Comment