Astrid*Stars: 2014 Resolutions

Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Resolutions


2014 resolutions, picmonkey

So I've been meaning to write this post for a while now. I had actually tried to write one after arriving in Los Angeles (boy does it feel nice to be home), while waiting for Michael (my special guy) to pick me up. I got interrupted halfway through the post with a call from him saying he was close by so I had to pack up and go. After that, life got crazy. Since my mom had done some home improvement projects to my room, most of my things were out of order and it is still taking me some time to get all settled and organized. Also school started two weeks ago and the semester is already looking like it will be filled with constant all-nighters. But aside from being busy (and trying to readjust to normal life and sleep), it also took me a while to really think about my resolutions. This year, I have a mixture of serious to fun ones as well as broad to specific. So here they are:

1. Get more sleep! 
This is something I am forever working on. A better way to put this is to have a better sleep schedule. I tend to let insomnia and excuses get in the way of me going to bed at a decent time and getting enough sleep. This would probably be the key to solving a good part of me getting my life together.

2. Become financially stable.
I say this every year and it is something I do keep a watchful eye on. I don't completely mismanage my money, but I know I can do better. I really want to get serious about budgeting and paying off debt this year. I am graduating and am lucky enough to not have needed loans throughout college, so it makes sense that I have little excuse to not pay off what I owe. Thankfully it isn't much, but it still would be nice to be rid of. This resolution is not just about debt though, it is about starting off my adulthood as responsibly as possible. Good thing I enjoy Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey lol.

3. Wear more white.
So I know this is kind of a weird resolution, but I often seem to avoid wearing white. Part of it is because I am always afraid of getting it dirty lol. But since the holidays I have really been having this weird obsession with white dresses and crisp white shirts. I feel like I am young and should have a little fun with wearing white. I do a lot of black and gray so why not through in this neutral right? Plus it seems to fashionable.

4. Be more adventurous.
I want to really put myself out there this year and try things that I have wanted to do for a while or that are out of my comfort. Like I said, I am still young, and I feel like I should take advantage of this. I am not really the party girl type (though I don't mind a party or two), but I feel like I need to live a little and let loose while I can. A few of the things on my list would be learning to surf and zip lining. But this also extends to trying other new things on a smaller scale like trying a new cooking class or taking guitar lessons. 

5. Be more organized.
This is one I have already sorta started on. The most important part of this resolution is I have to allow myself to let go of clutter, which I've slowly begun to do. I don't necessarily mean clutter as in true junk, but I tend to hold on to items that I don't really need or that don't belong in this chapter of my life. Some of these items are books, magazines and clothes. Since being in NYC however, I have had an urge to purge(it rhymes ha!) and downsize to make room for the me I am currently. Also I just am tired of constantly being messy. I wasn't that way as a child, but I've let laziness and frustration turn me into a messy slob. 

6. Work on my inner self and building friendships.
This is a bit of a two parter, but I feel they go hand in hand. I need to work on making myself happy and work on any inner issues I have that may be preventing me from being happy. I also need to start doing more things for me. This includes continuing with my healthy lifestyle and attending therapy to help me work out things that affect my happiness. I also want to work on building my friendships, both new and old. Sometimes it's difficult for me to make friends as I can be shy and feel overwhelmed. But I really do want to get closer to my friends and make new friendships. I want to be able to have healthy people in my life and also it would be nice to have those friends you can count on and plan friend dates with. Plus I really need a girlfriend (or a few) to go to the gym with and go shopping with.

7. Work on my hair/appearance.
It's not that I just let myself go looking like I just rolled out of bed, believe me I'm not that bad. But i do tend to forgo things sometimes either because I didn't make time or get lazy. However, I really want to start putting a little more effort, especially with doing my hair. Usually I just brush and go, but lately I've been wanting to work with it more, you know curl it or straighten it every once in a while. Also I hate looking frumpy and I think this needs to stop.

8. Be more fashion forward.
This kinda has to do with wearing more white, but it's more than that. I use to be one of the girls in high school that was admired for her fashion sense and style and well I want to get back to that version of me. Well not high school me but that part of me that was more fashion savvy. I mean I still am fashion savvy just forget to apply it to the physical self lol (if that makes sense). I want to again pay some more attention to my appearance (refer to my hate of frumpiness). Also, I want to feel that confidence of rocking a stunning outfit.

9. Better time management.
This goes hand in hand with getting more sleep. In fact, I need more sleep in order to be able to have better time management. I tend to also get frustrated with my day because I'll wake up to late to get any truly productive done in my day. I want to be able to get what I need to get done in a day, done. This will allow me to manage my heavy schedule this semester and also allow me to fit in things I want to do. I also need to be more efficient with my time and try not to get so distracted. This is also essential for the future of this blog.

10. Travel more.
Does this really need further explanation? I have places to go and see and also people to visit in some of these places. 

Anyway, those are my resolutions. I know this was a lengthy post, but they did need an explanation of sorts so they didn't sound too weird lol. Anyway, I'm off to bed as I am meeting a friend in the morning.

Love and goals,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment