Astrid*Stars: A Little Motivation Monday, with Love

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Little Motivation Monday, with Love

lovedar
From Lovendar.com 
Hey guys, I know I haven't posted in about a week or so. I was going to try to post on Friday, but I got super busy and then I celebrated Valentine's Day with my man over the weekend. Anyway, I wanted to write a little motivation Monday post related to this romantic holiday. First off, I must say I'm currently falling in love with Michael all over again and it was all thanks to our simple, yet magical weekend. We have been together for a little over 4 years, but as much as we love each other and really compliment each other, we have had our share of trying moments. In fact, we had broken up for a short while due to the pressure of life and college, but thankfully we are working through it and find ourselves more and more in love each day.

Relationships are difficult and love is complicated, that's just the way things are. But the point of this motivation Monday post is not to talk about my weekend, or the difficulty of relationships so much as it is to motivate people to put love first. Yes I know it may seem like an obvious thing or for some of us we may have been taught to not put a man/woman first, but that's not quite what I mean. What I mean is that we have to accept that without love in our life, we would be pretty miserable creatures. Also I am not just talking about relationships here, but also about self love.

I see so many people, including myself, forgetting to love themselves. Instead we fall victims to hating ourselves. We put ourselves down and let our insecurities take over. And sadly this doesn't allow us to reach happiness. So I ask you to spend a moment alone to love yourself. It may seem silly or even impossible for some, but I think if more people learned to love themselves, there would be less crime and less wars. 

Going back to the relationship aspect though, once a person can love themselves, they can then be happy with someone else. I know that sounds so cliché, but it's the truth. Part of why Michael and me have been able to work things out this time around is, at least on my part, because I have learned to love myself. I have slowly let go of insecurities I had that were getting in the way of me enjoying my time with him. It was making me a pretty miserable person to be around and led me to shutting him out. Thankfully, I am slowly learning to accept my flaws and love myself because of them and this has led to so much happiness for me.

I know this post might appear to be all over the place and perhaps a bit preachy, but I just wanted to be honest and due to the past holiday, I also thought it was appropriate. So go, love yourself and find happiness for yourself.

Love and Happiness,
Astrid

P.S. I will start writing weekly features. I already know what I want to do based on the day of the week, just need to ease into it. So be on the look out for more regular posts XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment