Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Boyfriend Jeans + Strappy Heels

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Boyfriend Jeans + Strappy Heels

Boyfriend Jeans Elegance

Boyfriend Jeans Elegance by astridstars featuring boyfriend jeans

So for this Trendy Tuesday, I decided to do boyfriend jeans. Originally I was going to do the pajama pant trend, but seems I've been late to that, probably because in NY those well weren't cozy enough lol. Anyway, lately I've been seeing a lot of cuffed jeans and white shirts, but all dressed up, and I'm loving it.

I am definitely the kind of girl that lives in her jeans, and being petite, I often have to cuff my jeans up anyway, so this trend fits me to a Tee(pun intended). However, I hate that sometimes the slouchy jean can lean toward the frumpy side if not styled right. So how do you make them work?

Well for starters, make sure the fit is not overly loose, especially if you are on the more petite side like me, or else they just swallow you up. Also, aim for the lighter washes and maybe choose one with distressed details.Next, choose either a thing white slouchy t-shirt(or tank :) ) or choose a nice white crisp, structured shirt or one with detail. 

After that it's all about the accessories, most specifically, the shoes. STRAPPY HEELS. That is all you need to remember in the shoe department lol. But seriously, I am obsessed with how boyfriend jeans look with strappy, preferably pointy, heels. Then add some nice jewelry, yet elegant jewelry like some gold bangles or a statement necklace. Add a bright color clutch, and voilá!

So what do you think of this trend? Love it or hate it, let me know in the comments. And remember, you should always make the trend your own, add your own touch to make it your style!

Love,
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I love boyfriend jeans! They are the best pair of jeans to wear

    ReplyDelete