Astrid*Stars: Friday Favorites: Things That Made Me Happy

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Favorites: Things That Made Me Happy

Picture I took in Brooklyn while I was there :)
For this week's Friday Favorites I wanted to feature things that made me happy this week. I wanted to keep it positive since I had a long and tiring week, but I've been doing May Cause Miracles (click here to find out more) which has helped keep the negativity to a minimum. The blog title is also inspired by a segment on NPR's podcast, Pop Culture Happy Hour (I highly recommended listening to it). So here is the positive things I focused on, loved, and was grateful for.



1. My pup of course!! Charlie's only been home a week and we already have a strong bond. He is pretty good for the most part. He still has accidents inside, but he is still training and a puppy so that's to be expected. He doesn't chew much on things he isn't suppose to and I correct him as soon as I catch him. He is so loyal already though, he follows me everywhere, it's the cutest thing, I'm gonna die. Also he barks at the dogs on TV LOL. But yea, we are definitely buddies for life :)

2. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus Blogger Network. The girls I've been meeting on Facebook have been so nice and supportive and this in turn helps me get my blog out to more readers. They also have great advice and I love the positivity I've seen posted on the Facebook group. If you are a blogger and want to join this community of wonderful girls, click here. They really are the best! Plus I got to show the love too(check my Wednesday post)!

{Source: Pinterest}
3. A few weeks ago I posted about becoming a Beach Body coach (read about it here). My main reason was that I really love the programs and I love that as a coach you get to help others, mainly your friends and family, on the path to a healthier lifestyle. Well this week I reached out to a few friends that answered I made in relation to the 21 day fix. Prior to this, they had also been reaching out to me and telling me that my instagram fitness pics kept them motivated and inspired. Anyway, I am excited to now have a challenge group going with the friends who were interested! I am so happy to be helping them out and providing a space where we can motivate and support each other. If anyone is interested in joining, please comment below or contact me through social media :)

4. The final thing that made me happy this week is how my school week went. Even though it was a stressful week due to constant editing/working on finishing photo edits, there were highlights to the week. For one, I got some great advice from my professor on how to be a good journalist/reporter when you are an introvert. He told me to create a "persona" that I can be when I'm out on the job, that way I can filter rejections I may otherwise take personally during interviews. 

Also, this week was my first week without my Tuesday/Thursday morning class lectures so I got to sleep in and my group had a great first day of shooting our projects. And I ordered my custom sash for graduation today, so overall a good week, even with all the running around :)

It was nice to have all these positive thoughts to keep me going this week. I also like that they involved friends and people that helped make this week a positive one as opposed to just things I liked. So what made you happy this week? Can't wait to see your answers in the comments :)

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment