Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Overalls Make a Comeback

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Overalls Make a Comeback

Lazy Day: overalls

Lazy Day: overalls by astridstars featuring Sass & Bide

Today's Trendy Tuesday was actually suggested, jokingly, by one of my friends via Twitter. After tweeting about what I should write for today, my friend Kry (met her in NY, but she's from Portland, Go West Coast!) jokingly suggested I feature overalls or fanny packs. I chose overalls LOL.


As a kid I remember wearing a lot of OshKosh B'gosh overalls and as frustrating as using the little girls room when I wore them was, I also loved the heck out of them. So imagine how happy I was when I saw they were making a comeback. Even though this is not really a new trend, I'm glad to see that they seem to be sticking around for this Spring.

Now maybe you are afraid that overalls will just make you look 5 all over again, but I think that there are a few ways to make them feel more grown up. For one, you can sport a crop top with them. Also trading up to some oxfords instead of sneakers (though they are still perfectly acceptable) can help them feel just a bit more grown up, or you can even trade up to wedge sandals.

I think overalls can be the perfect outfit to wear on lazy days(ahem Sundays) and they take such little effort to pull off. You don't have to go farming or gardening in them, but you can wear them to a casual Sunday brunch or the Farmer's Market. You can wear the short version or the regular long pant version and cuff them. There's also darker washes that can be dressed up with pumps for a real grown up look. Either way I love their versatility and that they take me back to the good ol' days.

Here are a few more examples I found on the web :)

{Source: Babble.com}
{Source: FrankieHeartsFashion}

If a supermodel can wear 'em, then they are cool
{Source: WhoWhatWear}

So what do you think of the trend? Are you glad it's back or should it stay in the time capsule?
Also what do you want to see next week? Let me know in the comments or tweet/facebook me.

Love + Overalls,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment