Astrid*Stars: MakeUp Monday: Oscars 2014

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MakeUp Monday: Oscars 2014

So I know this is going on more like Tuesday than Monday, but let's pretend everyone owns a unicorn and say its Monday. Anyway, this past weekend was the end of the awards season for many stars with the award ceremony of all awards ceremonies, the Oscars. While I love the dresses, um hello Jessica Biel, I want your husband AND your dress, I also paid attention to the makeup. So here are my top 3 favorite makeup looks of the night.

1. First up is Olivia Wilde, who is really pulling off pregnancy beautifully.
{Source}
I love that she went for a very classic 60's look. For one, I am a sucker for thick cat eye's but I also love that she kept the eyes bold but everything else simple. The eye liner really makes her gorgeous eyes stand out and overall the look is pure elegance.

2. Another look I really loved last night was Margot Robbie's look.
{Source}
There is just something about a girl wearing vampy lipstick that does it for me. Needless to say Margot Robbie is gorgeous, and while I do miss the blonde a bit, I am totally crushing on this femme fatale look. It does help I've very much been into the dark berry lipstick look and that this stands out amid the tons of natural makeup looks and the smokey eye + nude lips dominating look. And I now also have new brows to envy, so kudos to you Ms. Robbie.

3. Last but not least, I loved winner Lupita Nyong'o's look.

{Source}
What I love about her look is that it seems to have been the only look last night that screamed light and youthful. While everyone else seemed to go for a more grown up, classic, and sophisticated look, Ms. Nyong'o had a look that was just fun and refreshing. It definitely heightened her Cinderella look. From that glowing blush to the orange lips, it is just perfection. It makes you want to just go hug her and dance to Pharell's Happy. It also helps that her skin seems to be one of the most flawless in all of Hollywood.

Well those were my top 3 looks, although I do have other favorites, but those are more based on the gorgeous woman I love to see act lol. I hope you enjoyed this late little Makeup Monday. Now I want to know, what were your favorite looks of the night? This can also include the dresses, cuz come on, you know its why we tune in in the first place (unless you just like awards shows like me, there's that too). Did we like the same looks?

Love, 
Astrid


No comments:

Post a Comment