Astrid*Stars: Motivational Monday: St. Patty's Edition

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Motivational Monday: St. Patty's Edition

{Source: My3monsters.com}
In honor of St. Patty's Day, I wanted to write a motivation Monday about luck. Personally I do find myself to be lucky every once in a while, but not because I think opportunities and good fortune just spill out of the sky. No I believe luck is much more what you make of an opportunity and the hard work that allows those opportunities to be available. Like the quote says, luck is about preparation and opportunity, simple as that.


Sure there are those events in our life that seem out of the blue, but didn't you do at least something small for that event to have come on your radar? Also when I think back to the times I hear people say, "I'm so lucky", what I really hear them say is "I'm so blessed". They are appreciating the opportunities that life has "allowed them," that they have made a path for themselves. 

Therefore, don't wait for "luck" to find you, make your own. At the end of the day, you are in charge of the direction your life takes because even those events that seem random depend on your reaction and how you act towards them. 

Personally I do feel lucky. I feel lucky that I met "the one" because I was myself and he liked me for who I am, I am lucky to have my current job because I decided to show that I really cared for children, and I am lucky to have had such great experiences in my internships because I decided to put in my best effort. 

So don't wait for luck to find you, make your own. Take control of your own destiny, as cheesy as that sounds. Prepare for the opportunities that could come your way. If you do, there might just be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. :)

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment