Astrid*Stars: Must-See Monday: Mid Season Shows

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Must-See Monday: Mid Season Shows

'

So I know I typically do MakeUp Mondays, but as I've mentioned before, I won't be a hard stickler to a weekly feature if I want to do something different from week to week or if I find nothing that can be used on a weekly feature. Also, I will have a few different weekly features anyway, so that way things get shaken up every once in a while. Anyway, today's post is a Must-See Monday.

I want to talk about a few of the shows I'm excited to watch during Mid-Season. Mid Season for those of you who may not know the term refers to the time in between TV seasons and often starts around the end of winter and the beginning of spring, that means, we are right in it. So what am I excited about for MidSeason while some of my regular shows are on hiatus or done for the season? 



1. Suits returned for its 3rd Season on March 6th on USA. This is probably the #1 show I've been waiting for impatiently to come back. It is honestly one of my favorite shows if only because of the dialogue and character foils and *cough* hot lawyers *cough*. If you haven't seen it yet, catch up on Netflix and then start tuning in regularly. It really has gotten juicy!



2. Bates Motel also recently returned for Season 2 on A&E March 3rd. If you like scary and creepy shows and are waiting for AHS to come back, then tune into this one. It is a modern take on Hitchcock's Psycho, although it does detour from the original storyline a bit. Nevertheless, it is just as creepy and thrilling as the movie.



3. So this is the only newby of the bunch. Resurrection premiered Sunday on ABC and is about people who appear years after their death. It's not like they faked their death, but they have been "resurrected" years later. I have yet to watch the pilot as I forgot to DVR but thank god for Hulu. I think the concept of the show is kind of intriguing and it's actually based on a book called The Returned.  I also want to see it not just because it looks cool, but because Omar Epps is the star of the show and I loved him on House. He plays the detective who is finding these people and trying to make sense of it all.


4. Game of Thrones, enough said. LOL. This show comes back April 16th on HBO and is one I'm really looking forward to. I must confess though, I have a lot of catching up to do before the new season starts and before my mom decides to cancel our HBO. I actually got hooked on the show while I was in NYC and I've only seen the first two episodes. One of my roommates (the one we all liked the least LOL) actually introduced me to the show, but then I got busy and also didn't want to see it on his terms, so now I must play catch up. Time to clear my calendar!

So there you go, those are the shows I'm looking forward to keep me entertained while my beloved regular Season shows go on hiatus. There are a few other shows I am looking forward to, but these are at the top of my list. They are the  ones I will be making priority because even a TV crazed person like me needs some discipline (and sanity LOL).

What shows are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments below.

Love,
Astrid



No comments:

Post a Comment