Astrid*Stars: Thoughts on Thursday: Take a Break

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thoughts on Thursday: Take a Break


After 2 weeks, you finally get a Thursday post, yayyy!! 
Today I want to talk about knowing when to take a break from technology and disconnect. I should probably be the last person writing this since I'm constantly on my computer, phone or iPad, but alas here I am writing about the importance of taking a break from it all. 
So why am I of all people writing about this? Well this past week and really month/semester(?), I've begun to dread opening up my computer and have noticed how badly it's affecting my eyes. In the past weeks, as I've mentioned in a few posts, I've had a lot of school work and that includes lots of editing on, you guessed it, the computer. Even with eyedrops, my eyes suffer a lot.

Now don't get me wrong, I still love the internet and editing and creating, but when you have no choice but to stare at a screen hours upon hours with not really having the luxury of a break, it gets to you. Mostly this has to do with staring at a computer for hours trying to get pictures reading for my magazine class as well as having to code for my Javascript class. 

We all have commitments and things we HAVE to do, but sometimes we just need to say, "Ok I need to step away for a moment." We need to set boundaries. I now understand that breaks are a NEED!! 
It's not only great for your eyes, but also your back,  your brain and to keep your sanity!! 

Plus, there is more to life than being glued to a screen. And it's nice to take a break from it all every once in a while to focus on other things, even if only for a few hours. Also staying hydrated helps and proper sleep(which I need to work on, still). And also, I don't always have to be on my phone now do I? Most of the time I seem to do it out of boredom not need, so I will start working on not doing this!

While technology doesn't need to be abandoned cold turkey or anything, remember a break from time to time is a good thing to do. Your eyes and sanity will thank you! 

Love, 
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment