Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Caged In Spring

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Caged In Spring

Caged In Spring

Caged In Spring by astridstars featuring flat shoes

Today's Trendy Tuesday is dedicated to the returning trend of the caged sandal. While the trend has been around for some years now, it seems to have gotten bigger attention this springs, or at least that's the way I feel seeing as it seems to be much more in my face than in the past. And I don't mind it.
Whether you opt for the heel, wedge or  flat version, they would all make for a great go-to sandal. Personally I would love to invest in some nice caged pumps to dress up my spring wardrobe, especially with some of my more casual outfits (um hello boyfriend jeans would look great paired with these!). I also love that there is a variety of options so no one feels like they can't wear the trend and that it is versatile, so it can be worn for any occasion, from casual to formal.

Another personal bias is those of the tie string variety. I don't know why, but I love the ones that you have to "tie" although the more elaborate designs are also catching my eye. You can also opt to go for sandals that end at the ankle to ones that go all the way up to the knee, although the latter is not really my thing. I love that the "caginess" of the sandal also feels like it gives more support as opposed to the sandals of the past that are just two small strings holding onto the sole of the shoe. I'm hoping to get my hands on two pairs, a neutral toned one and a black one. Here's some more inspiration:

My Style - He Left His Imprint On Me


{Source: Fake-Leather Blog}
mint and coral
mint and coral by stacy-gustin featuring blue jeans

{Source: Styleite.com}
What do you think of this trend? Is it something you will be strutting down the street in or not?
Let me know what you think in the comments and if you find a nice affordable pair, share the link please :)

Love,
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. Great shoes. Now if I could only wear a pair without killing or embarrassing myself! It's why I wear mostly boots and flats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this trend! I'm wearing it on the blog today!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete