Astrid*Stars: Celebrating Michael's 24th Birthday

Monday, April 14, 2014

Celebrating Michael's 24th Birthday

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
My Love and BFF :)
Yesterday(Saturday) was a pretty amazing day. I got to celebrate my love's 24th Birthday at the race track. That's right, we headed out to the Auto Speed Club in Fontana to be up close and personal with some pretty nice cars. But of course, if you know me a bit, you may have figured out I'm a bit of a car aficionado. I have always had a thing for cars, but that got stronger when I met Michael who share this love with me. So it is not surprising that he chose to drive/race a few cars for his birthday. 

Now just to clarify, he was the one who did all the driving. I just watched and took pics/vids from the sidelines. But that's ok cuz it was his day and I was also terrified of driving really expensive cars over 80mph LOL. My favorite part though was just watching his face light up like a little kid at a candy store every time he would come back to review the ride of each car. He drove 4 different cars, for a total of 22 laps(+1 that the instructor let slip) and I just got to get in a car with a professional drifter(I think that's what he's called), which was so awesome. Here are the cars he drove:
Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
Car #1: Porsche 997 Turbo S
Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
Car #2: Porsche Cayman S
Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
Michael in the Lambo!

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
He's so happy :)
Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
Car #3(From the side now): Lamborghini Superleggera LP570

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
Car #4: Last but not least, the Ferrari 458 Italia

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche

Happy Birthday Michael, 24th birthday, life, lifestyle, auto speed club, racing, cars, exotic cars, ferrari, lamborghini, porsche
And he is ready to go!
Honestly I was so happy to celebrate his bday with him and it's crazy that when we first met I was just turning 18(I think actually I was 17 when we first really met LOL) and he was 19. And even though we've been together for almost 5 years, this is the first birthday we really got to enjoy together. Usually since his birthday falls during Spring Break, it gets a bit crazy to get together because something else is going on or we do something on the smaller scale. The thing I'm happiest about though is that he was so happy and that's really all I want for him :)

But the celebration didn't end there. After his 3 hours of driving, we were both starving and sleepy LOL. I hadn't slept much the night before because I had napped a lot the previous day and he was tired from all the driving induced adrenaline. Thankfully I got to sleep on the ride back. Our hunger was cured with a trip to Yardhouse in Pasadena, my treat of course. And it did not disappoint. 

Happy Birthday Darling!

Love,
Astrid

P.S. Something exciting is coming for Monday's Blog :)

1 comment: