Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Flowers in my Hair

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Flowers in my Hair

trendy tuesday
{Source: me}
This week's Trendy Tuesday is all about the Flower Crowns that seem to be everywhere I go. While this trend isn't especially new (hello, Lana Del Rey), it seems to be much more prominent lately, and it seems to have nothing to do with Coachella, this time around anyway. I've also noticed that this time around the crowns are filled with smaller, fainter flowers so as not to come off as costumey as the bigger ones in years past. 



Here are a few that I cam across on Polyvore:


Flowers in my Hair trendy tuesday

Flowers in my Hair by astridstars featuring a floral garland

These flower crowns are just so pretty and make me feel like a little kid again. I love how subtle they are and have especially been liking the sunflower ones that appear to be the most popular this year. That being said, i also like some of the more colorful ones and like that you can dress them up or down, and that they work with any hair length. I'm hoping to get a hold of some, which says a lot since I don't wear many hair accessories, but this trend seems like a no fuss situation and works with loose hair or updos. And I truly would rather have flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck. I'm also hoping to find some DIY's to make my own and share that with you in a later post.

What do you think of this trend? Is it something you would try or do you find it to be too "hippie-like" ? Let me know in the comments below and feel free to share any DIYs with me or request a trend you would like me to feature in the near future. I always enjoy reading your comments.

Love,
Astrid

1 comment: