Astrid*Stars: Motivation Monday: Take Command

Monday, April 7, 2014

Motivation Monday: Take Command

{Source: Tumblr}
Today I wanted to do a Motivation Monday post after having found the above image on Tumblr. After having a somewhat drama filled weekend due to some family sh** that went down, this quote truly lifted my spirits. I can either let these family issues consume me and control me OR I can decide to not let these issues get to me and let the family members involved deal with their own mess.
Whether you are going through a hard time or you are on top of the world, or whether you believe in fate or not, the truth is each one of us has the power(and right) to shape the world we want to live in. By no means do I mean go out there and change the world(although you can if you want/are willing to) but do take control of "your" world that "you" live in. If you don't take control and allow yourself to be your own boss so to speak, someone else will end up deciding what your world is for you, even if it's not the world you want to live in. It is up to you to decide how you want to live your life.

Personally, I would like to fill my world with love, happiness, and lots of positive thinking. I know this may sound far fetched to some, so let me explain it. I want to surround myself with people who bring good into my life, who don't put me down, and who will accept me and love me for who I am. If I see that someone is making my life toxic with how they treat me and themselves, then I don't need that person in my life. That may sound harsh, but it's the truth.  I've decided to shape my world as one filled with love and surround myself with people who will motivate me to be my best.

So are you shaping your world and how would you like to shape yours?
Let me know in the comments below. 

Love,
Astrid

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote! It is so important that we take control in our own lives and not blame others or our circumstances for not being happy or successful. I have shaped my world by creating my own business out of my blog and I've never been happier. Love this post!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan that is very admirable. I'm hoping to do the same with my blog :)

    ReplyDelete