Astrid*Stars: Look Cute at the Gym

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Look Cute at the Gym


Cute WO Clothes

Cute WO Clothes by astridstars featuring a forever 21 activewear

As I previously mentioned, most posts this week will be fitness/health related in honor of National Women's Health Week. So today I wanted to share what I like wearing to the gym instead of the usual Trendy Tuesday. These are items that I feel are cute yet perfect for the gym. Let's begin :)

{Source: She Piner}
So first things first. The item I think is the most important when a girl is putting her workout outfit together is the Sport Bra. I don't know about you ladies, but I have to have my sports bra. I've actually seen girls at the gym with a regular bra on and it makes me cringe. The reason is that while my boobs may not be super huge, they still need that extra support sport bras offer.

Now each girl may have their own preference in terms of this item, depending on the activity they are doing and the size of their breasts. Personally I like the ones that have a little padding or some sort of shape to them as opposed the regular compression bras. I also like when they come in bright colors or prints or when they have a special feature like a zipper in the front or something like that.

Some good ones are the ones from the Victoria Secret's Sports line, but they can be a bit pricey. So when I'm unable to afford those, I can usually find some good ones at Marshall's, Ross, or TJ Maxx.

{Source: Abundant Heart Apparel}
As for tops I often prefer tank tops, even when it's a bit cold. I'm usually the kind of person who gets cold easily, but the exception to that is when I'm working out. Some tanks even come with a built in sports bra, which I feel this combo gives more support than the compression bra. Lately I've been wanting the ones with motivation/funny sayings. Some of my favorite tanks to workout in are the ones from Gap Body and Target, but Marshall's and Forever 21 also have some good ones.

{Source: Nelly.com}
When it comes to bottoms, I usually like leggings, especially the ones from Hollister or the compression pants that C9 by Champion carries. However, when it gets hotter, I tend to opt for capris or shorts. As for shorts, I prefer the bike type shorts(tight shorts) like the ones Forever21 offers. But for hikes, I prefer looser track shorts, some of which come with built in underwear so you don't flash someone (LOL). As you can see though, I prefer the more body hugging clothes as opposed to the looser fitting ones. I think it has to do with wanting to see my body "change' while I workout. I also like prints on them. And again, good places to find these bottoms are TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshall's.

{Source: Nordstrom}
Shoes are another area I highly recommend splurging on. This is especially true if you run, but even if you just go to the gym to tone, good shoes are essential. They help support you while you run or stabilize you while you tone. I personally am bias to Nikes. I like the range of colors they offer, and they haven't failed me yet. I especially love their LunarGlide line due to how cushiony their soles are as well as the Flex Run line because they are light, yet offer the right amount of cushion.

*Also pay attention to the fabrics and if clothes offer wicking or dry-fit type technology. You want to make sure the clothes "breathes" and helps to keep you cool. Perforated detail helps too :) *

What do you like to wear to the gym? Share in the comments below.

Love,
Astrid.

2 comments:

  1. I have never checked out the Victoria Secret Sports Range, I will have go check it out.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that line is great, a bit pricey, but love their sports bras. They offer great support and they are actually cute lol.

    ReplyDelete