Astrid*Stars: I'm a Graduate :)

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm a Graduate :)


With my parents, after the ceremony
Go Class of 2014!! So I'm pretty sure I mentioned in a few of my previous posts that I was graduating soon. Well graduation finally took place last Monday and is partly to blame as to why I haven't blogged in over a week. I still can't believe that this all went down just a week ago, but yes I did it!


So obviously the day of graduation was one full of excitement and of anxiety to keep from tripping รก la Jennifer Lawrence. I'm happy to report no tripping incidents occurred FYI. But anyway back to the excitement, it definitely was a day of joy and celebration for my family and I as well as for the family friend that helped me finance my whole college career ( seriously can't thank all of them enough).

Therefore blogging didn't go on that day. But the celebration didn't end there, the week that followed had me quite busy responding to internship business and celebrating with other loved ones such as my boss from my nanny job and the little girl I look after, of course. Michael also took me out for a nice little breakfast to celebrate since work has been crazy for him and he himself has been doing some job searching for other positions. On top of all that, I was also trying to catch up on all the sleep this past semester, I mean year, deprived me of. I did try to set time aside from blogging, but then I'd get busy with something else, so that is why I haven't been blogging for over a week, but I'm back! :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this milestone with you guys and also explain why I've been kind of MIA. Even with social media, I've been taking my time to respond to friends and all. And even though I've had my ceremony, I still have an internship credit to complete and so I've been concentrating on getting that situation taken care of, but now that I've decompressed a bit, I'm ready to keep on blogging and well now you will have more of my attention since it's the end of school assignments (YAYYYY!!). On that note, here are some pictures of that day, enjoy!!

With Carla, the family friend who helped me finance my dreams :)
Me, without my gown(I was relieved to take it off because it was heating me up)
With my dad :)
And my mom :)


And my sister :)
And with Carla again :)
I almost forgot about the gifts LOL. I got some useful and thoughtful items other than brunches and dinners. My parents decided to get me a Starbucks gift card as did my boss, Erin. They definitely know me too well and knew it would come in handy. My mom also decided to get me a nice frame to put my diploma and pictures in and my dad paid for my class ring(still haven't received it because they had messed up the order, but all is fixed so should have it soon. And Carla got me this really nice watch, which was such a nice gesture considering she's already done a lot for me(as have my parents). It's definitely the nicest thing I own now and makes me feel like a real, gulp, adult :)

This is the watch. It's a Concord La Scala. And don't mind the foot lol.
So that was my graduation. It took me 5 years to get here and lots of sleepless nights and hard work, but it was worth it. This has thought me that hard work does pay off and that dreams shouldn't be rushed. I'll admit that I struggled at first with not having gotten things done in the traditional 4 year timeline, but realized that what mattered more is that I got there, not necessarily when I got there. And now I have the same feeling of accomplishment as if I'd finished last year or the following year. The point is I made it, and I'm happy to be part of the Class of 2014!

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment