Astrid*Stars: TBR Thursdays: Summer Reading List

Friday, May 30, 2014

TBR Thursdays: Summer Reading List

I'm actually really excited to start this series. While this will be more of a monthly feature, I'm happy to start doing TBR Thursdays or "To Be Read" Thursdays. Since it's gonna be summer soon, I thought it was the perfect time to start this series as I finally can dive back into my love of books and read the books I've had to put off due to school and having to opt for textbooks instead. I've loved books since I was a little kid and so here are some of the books I want to read this summer. Some are ones that just came out or will be released soon and others are simply ones I've been meaning to read.


1. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
I really like Stieg Larsson's Millennium series and enjoyed the first two books, but school had gotten in the way of me actually getting past the first 100 pages of the third book. I've even held off watching the films until I read this book. Thankfully now I have the time to do so and the motivation because rumor has it that a ghost writer has been hired to continue the series. For those who may not know, Larsson died soon after the release of the series, which only adds to serie's mystery.

2.#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
Do I really need to explain this one? Amoruso is simply badass and a woman of inspiration. Also, I love Nasty Gal and like reading about women who make their own rules. As someone who just graduated, I kinda need some inspiration to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfield
This book is another one that has been waiting to be read for a while. My copy was actually given to me by my boss and she highly recommended it so that's one reason I really want to read it. She usually knows my preferences well, although I will read just about anything. I've also read Sittenfield's other book, Prep and really enjoyed her writing(yes this is a female writer). Plus I love me some family drama when it comes to my reading and all the twisty dark secrets that come with it.

4. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
Again, I love me some family drama. I had been eyeing this book when I saw it on my boss's nightstand and was thankful to pick up a discounted copy on my trip to Ojai. Glad to finally have some time to curl up and read it. Plus the title is intriguing and mysterious.

5. The Circle by Dave Eggers
This book has been on my list since NYC. It's dark and twisted, just how I like it. It deals with a woman who gets hired at at company similar to Google and Facebook. Everything seems to start off fine but soon she sees that there are some mysterious and chilling things behind closed doors. I live for books like these. And is it really a surprise that this is on my list after mentioning the Larsson series? I think not. It actually seems to be really similar to that series or there's comparisons, anyway.

Well those are just a few of my TBR summer reads. I do have more, but I also don't want to overwhelm this blog post and make it too long. These are among the top 5 that I'm looking forward to. What books are on your list? Please let me know in the comments. I'm curious to know :)

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment