Astrid*Stars: Wellness Wednesday: Healthy Links

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: Healthy Links



Today I want to start a new weekly feature I've been thinking about for some time now, Wellness Wednesday. While Workplace Wednesday will still appear from time to time, I also want to begin sharing more fitness/health/wellness topics on here since it's such a big part of my life. It also helps that this week is National Women's Health Week. So today I wanted to share some of my favorite websites or healthy links that I go to for nutrition and fitness tips and such. Enjoy :)


{Source: Tone It Up}
I'm sure if you've been reading my blog for a while now, you have seen me talk endlessly about the girls from Tone It Up. I love the community Katrina and Karena have built and they are always so sweet to us girls. I also am in love with the free workouts they offer via their YouTube videos as well as the yummy recipes. I'm currently doing my second year of their Bikini Series and loving it.

{Source: Blogilates}
I love Cassey Ho. She is always so perky and funny. But don't be fooled, she provides some tough workouts. I love her website not only because of the workouts but also for the monthly calendars she provides in which she puts together workouts to complete for each day of that month. The calendars are usually themed such as April Abs of AhMayZing (May). And again, the workouts are free. Score!

{Source: Sarah Fit}
Sarah Dessault is another girl who's site I love following. Like the other two above, she is a YouTuber and provides many workouts for free, as well as recipes. Some of my favorite workouts that she does are those aimed at college student. As someone who struggled with fitness during college herself, it is great to see videos targeted for those living the college life.

{Source: Food Babe}
So I have recently started going to this site and so far I've been loving it. While I am not quite at the extreme Vani is in terms of GMO labeling and such, I do love how informative her site is about what's really in her food. In a time where it seems processed food is as prevalent as ever despite many people embracing the organic lifestyle, it's refreshing that someone such as Vani is so passionate about investigating what's really in our food and fighting for GMO labeling and such. Again, I follow her investigations with a grain of rice because I realized it's harder said than done to stop eating Taco Bell or Subway or food with bad chemicals, I still love reading on her fight for nutrition. 

{Source: Simple Green Smoothies}
Last but not least, there's this site. It is run by best friends Jen and Jadah and if you can't already tell it features smoothies. I love the site because it's full of yummy recipes for awesome smoothies, which I just happen to be obsessed with. I especially love their 30 day challenges. During the challenges, they send you weekly emails with recipes and shopping lists and often feature an ingredient for that week.

I hope you liked my healthy links. What are some of your favorite health/fitness sites? 
Let me know in the comments below, I'm always excited to find new wellness related sites.
I also hope these links helped if you were looking for some direction as to what sites to check out.

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment