Astrid*Stars: Friday Favorites and a Little Recap

Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Favorites and a Little Recap

friday favorites, weekly recap, life, film, fit, lifestyle, spin, sister bonding, the fault in our stars, home goods, style,
Spin Class
So I was going to have a post yesterday, but then I decided to save it for next week since it fits next Thursday better. Anyway, before I get to my Friday Favorites I wanted to do a recap of my week. 

This week I began my internship at a college geared newspaper so a lot of my focus has been on adjusting to my new schedule. This meant I also had to go to "class" that's suppose to guide and provide tips to survive my internship. A lot of this will be shared in some upcoming Workplace Wednesday posts.  But I have to say, I'm enjoying the intern life although I still wish I could have gotten a second internship. Anyway, this sort of explains why I didn't post much this week, but now that I've adjusted and brainstormed a bit, I should be posting more regularly. 

Also, I've been contacted by a few people(companies?) about my blog and reviewing some content for them, which is exciting because I'm pretty new to blogging and never thought I'd be contacted by any company. Plus it's always fun to collaborate and be able to bring you some great posts.

Anyway on to my favorites this week:

I've become obsessed with spin lately. My friend Kristen has always raved about it, and since I had a lot of free time last week (and for some reason woke up early on a Sunday), I decided to try one out. Now I feel like I have to go every other day. I even woke up at 5:20 to make it to an early morning class. I haven't done something like that for a while, but it made me feel so productive. Now, I'm looking up local studios to see if they offer classes that fit my schedule better and because why not. It would be nice to embrace the "spin life" in a studio and perhaps get some classes with a twist.

friday favorites, weekly recap, life, film, fit, lifestyle, spin, sister bonding, the fault in our stars, home goods, style,

Along with Spin, I've also enjoyed hitting the gym with my sister this week. It creates some awesome sister bonding time and it's always great motivation to have a gym buddy. We've been trying some classes and really enjoyed Zumba and Cardio Jam, both of which incorporate dance into the exercise. And best of all, it means I've rarely skipped the gym this week, except for yesterday since my knee was not up for it. I'm excited to try even more classes and hope I can attend my favorites regularly.

friday favorites, weekly recap, life, film, fit, lifestyle, spin, sister bonding, the fault in our stars, home goods, style,
{Source: IBTimes}
Talking about bonding with my sister, we ended up going to see The Fault In Our Stars this week. I've been wanting to see the movie since I finished the book a few weeks ago and I was not disappointed. Of course there were a lot of tears, but I also enjoyed that it was mostly the same as the book and the changes that were made, made sense to the storyline. The cast was great too.

friday favorites, weekly recap, life, film, fit, lifestyle, spin, sister bonding, the fault in our stars, home goods, style,


friday favorites, weekly recap, life, film, fit, lifestyle, spin, sister bonding, the fault in our stars, home goods, style,

Last, but not least were the favorites I came across at HomeGoods this week. I originally went to try to find a hamper with a lid (I'm over the collapsible one I have) and ended up coming across this armchair and love seat. How cute are they? While I didn't take them home with me, sadly, I love coming across pieces and taking pictures for future reference when I can afford to buy them LOL.

These are pieces I would put in my apartment when I move out. I love the tufts of the arm chair and the pattern of the love seat. And they are both really comfy, not to mention a bargain (even though I still can't afford them because I'm broke). As for the hamper, I'm still searching.

Well that's it for this week. What were your favorites for the week? What do you think of mine?
Let me know in the comments below and also let me know what you want me to feature on the blog.

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment