Astrid*Stars: Makeup Monday: Summer Beauty Essentials

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Makeup Monday: Summer Beauty Essentials

Summer Beauty Essentials


For this week's Makeup Monday I wanted to feature some of my summer beauty essentials. As the weather warms up, it's a good idea to switch up your makeup routine to something more light and natural. This allows skin to breath and you to have more time for summer fun.


1. Sunscreen
Even when it's not summer, sunscreen is always part of my beauty routine. I seriously am paranoid about it because I fear the thought of skin cancer. Last summer I fell in love with Neutrogena's Beach Defense sunscreen. I got the 70 SPF version and love that it has a pineapple scent to it (not sure if that's intentional), which is perfect for summer. 

2. BB Cream/ Tinted Moisturizer
It is actually perfect timing for me to switch to a lighter formula for the summer since I just ran out of my Urban Decay Naked Foundation. I have not yet tried Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream, but I've heard good things about it. In the past I have used Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer and have loved that as well. Not saying you can't wear regular foundation, but maybe save it for summer nights. During the day, it's just easier to apply a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer and you can just throw it into your beach bag. With so many brands to try, the options for BB creams are endless. Plus they give great coverage with very little product.

3. Waterproof Mascara
This is great to switch to if you can't live without mascara, but are going to be spending your days at the pool or at the beach (avoid the black face streaks). One of my favorites is CoverGirl's Lash Blast Waterproof mascara. It's my go-to drugstore mascara in general, and in the summer you need something that will literally be easy, breezy, beautiful (CoverGirl).

4. Bronzer
Obviously you want to look sun-kissed when you go out in the summer. I love this one from Tarte Cosmetics. I get it in Princess Ave, although I think that's the only option they have LOL. Anyway, I usually get the small travel size one, but it last me at least 2 months.

5. Tinted Blush
I love how tinted blush looks and it's great for the summer. No body wants to look cake, especially in the summer when everything seems to clump and work against you. Plus tinted blushes like this Benefit one seem to give the illusion of a more natural "glow."

6. Lip Balm
Last but not least, lip balms are a must. Yes lips tend to get drier in the winter, but summer can also dry out your skin. Also, try to look for one with SPF so you give your lips protection from the UV rays the sun gives off. Plus, this helps out with summer flings (*wink, wink*).

I hope you enjoyed this post and as always share your thoughts with me in the comments. Also let me know what you would like me to feature on the blog, after all this blog is for you.

Love,
Astrid

13 comments:

  1. What great choices. I love love love Benetint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with Benetint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bronzer looks perfect!! I need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aam using the same BB cream and I love it. It is perfect for my oily skin :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try that lip balm. Love the little tin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tarte bronzer! need to try the rest of these products out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lash Blast - It's the only mascara I'll use

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, that lip balm is awesome. I prefer it to regular old chapstick. And girls, that bronzer is perfection. I'm always so sad when I hit pan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Benetint and CoverGirl Lash Blast mascaras are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try the Pure Dream Fresh BB Cream SO bad! I just bought my first Park Avenue Princess and can't wait to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brittany HoneycuttJuly 22, 2014 at 10:44 AM

    I've learned you can never go wrong with waterproof mascara! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the neutrogena sunscreen, i apply it all over my neck and its not greasy! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete