Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Favorite Bathing Suits

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Favorite Bathing Suits

 

Since summer is soon upon us, I wanted to dedicate this week's Trendy Tuesday to some of my favorite bathing suits for the season this year. These are the bathing suits that have made it onto my wish list and I hope to be able to get at least one or two of them, if not all, especially since the ones NEED to be replaced LOL. I'm going to be keeping this post light and simple, so here are my picks:
DailyLook


{Source: DailyLook}

First one up is this one from DailyLook. I love the blue hue it comes in as people have told me royal blue complements my skin tone. I actually became obsessed with it when I saw it in an email they sent out to me and it's the one I want the most. I also love the strap-y detail of the bottoms and the back of the top, which seems to be a popular detail this year. It's definitely my number one pick.

{Source: Victoria's Secret}
Of course no bathing suit post would be complete without a Victoria's Secret bathing suit. I love this mesh triangle one they have. It definitely gives a nice modern twist to the LBB(Little Black Bikini). I love that this one looks sporty, but still sexy and is different from their usual ultra sexy choices. I love that it's a bit sporty as well, which fulfills the athletic bikini trend that seems to be popular this year.

{Source: Tone It Up Shop}
I had to include this pick from Tone It Up's bikini line. I fell in love with it ever since Karena wore it in of their Bikini Series videos. I don't often wear prints, but this one is so fun and screams summer. I also love how the top is constructed. It's almost a corset crop, but not quite. Either way, it gives the illusion of extra support and an underwire, while still looking so sexy. I'd even wear it on a night out. 

{Source: Nasty Gal}
Over the years I've seen one pieces become more and more popular, so I want to include this one I came across. I love that it keeps you covered up, but makes the one piece choice seem to sexy. This choice would really be perfect for just laying by the pool and the t-back detail(not shown) is nice too.

{Source: ModCloth}
I also came across this retro style bathing suit on ModCloth. I love this trend because it is sexy yet modest, plus it's so cute. I love the crop top style top and how very Katy Perry it is(which should be the No.1 reason to wear it, JK, not really). There are also come great retro one pieces I'd try out.

What bathing suit is on your radar? Is it similar to the ones I mentioned or along the same lines?
Let me know in the comments below and as always share anything you'd like me to blog about.

Love,
Astrid

11 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on that Victoria's Secret suit! So cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Victoria's Secret one and the ModCloth one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I picked up my new summer suit from Victoria's Secret this year too. They had a lot of cute ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the TIU one! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the halter top in black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suuuuuch cute suits, that halter top is amaze!! Can't believe summer is already here, can you?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retro styles are so cute - love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the retro style suits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all super unique

    ReplyDelete