Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday Wednesday: White Out

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Trendy Tuesday Wednesday: White Out

White Out, summer, trendy tuesday, style

White it Out by astridstars featuring satchel handbags

This week's Trendy Tuesday Wednesday(sorry it went up late by an hour or two) is all about the color white. With summer just around the corner, white seems like the perfect choice to wear to keep things fresh, yet chic. I personally have always been afraid to wear white because it's so hard to not spill coffee and stuff on myself, but I'm obsessed with this trend and ready to just take the "risk" already.


White is like the black of summer. What I mean is that often people will turn to black because it's easy to wear and can make an outfit look chic and dressed up. I'm sure you've heard that everyone in NYC wears black(not true FYI) and it's how they look so fashionable and chic(sorry I know I'm using this word a lot here). But black in the summer is not fun. Black just makes you hot and miserable in the summer because it attracts the sun and thus the scorching summer heat. So it's white to the rescue.

To wear this trend, I'm going to opt for structured pieces. I definitely want the white blazer and trousers, especially with my internship going on this summer. Another must have item that follows this trend, and that I think is a classic, is the white pump. And of course I'll be trying this trend monochromatically, because I think that makes the trend as sleek as it gets. Now I need to go shop :)

Will you be trying this trend? Any tips for how to make it work/keeping the dirt off? Let me know in the comments below. Also if you have any trends you want me to feature, let me know as well.

Love,
Astrid

9 comments:

  1. No matter what season, I still find myself gravitating towards white. I just love it! Great post darling!

    Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I've noticed my style/likes are changing as I get older. In the past I've been more of a black clothing person or dark colors, but lately been craving some white pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost never wear white. Love the way it looks on others but it makes me look washed out with my pale complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the V neck white shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with white on white on white, or any combo of neutrals. SO classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with white on white. And those heels are gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration for a outfit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love white shirts, but I don't have the confidence in myself to pull of white pants! I know I would sit in something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White is my go-to color because it helps make me look less pale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking I needed some summer white pieces!

    ReplyDelete