Astrid*Stars: #ShareBeauty - My Beauty Story

Saturday, July 19, 2014

#ShareBeauty - My Beauty Story



*This post is sponsored by Regency Beauty Institute but all my opinions are my own.*

Today I'd like to tell my story on how I share beauty. If you haven't noticed already, I can be a bit of a beauty junkie. My Makeup Monday posts and my beauty channel may have already given that away, but my love for products started much earlier. This love has allowed me a way to express myself and my creativity. For that I am grateful. So here's my story:

Ever since I was little, I had a deep curiosity for beauty products from my mom's lipsticks to her nail polishes. I love playing with her makeup and her powder brush. The funny thing is my mom is not much of a makeup junkie. In fact, most of the time she is asking my sister and me how to apply her makeup. But even so, I loved the rare times she would get all dolled up either for church or a family party. Truth be told, I probably inherited my love from my aunts on my dad's side more than I did from my mom. Either way, the point is I got hooked.

As I got older, I became obsessed with magazines that had how-to-tutorials (hey this was before YouTube lol) as well as beauty books. I would practice with what I could get my hands on and counted down the days for when I was finally allowed to wear it outside of playing dress up. Soon my mom was coming to me for advice. It became a part of my identity.

#ShareBeauty, beauty, contest, Refinery29, Regency Beauty Institute,

Fast forward to my senior year in high school when I started watching tutorials on YouTube as I tried to learn looks for prom. That soon turned into me watching tutorials constantly and eventually creating my own beauty channel in college. Then this little blog came along where I could further share beauty and my love for it. My love for beauty will probably never go away and I am glad  it's become such an important part of my life because of my blog.

My passion for beauty and the creative outlet it's given me is why I was excited to join the Regency Beauty Institute and Regency29 in the #ShareBeauty campaign. Just to fill you in, Regency Beauty Institute is one of the leading cosmetology schools in the nation. They have 88 campuses across the country and have been able to grow over the years by taking an innovative approach to learning and helping students to turn their creativity into beautiful careers. To spread awareness , they've created the "Beauty Grew All Around" video:




Even better, Regency and Refinery29 have come together to present the #ShareBeautyContest, which runs from July 8th-August 13th.  All you have to do is try one(or all) of the trends posted on Regency's landing page, then post a picture to Instagram with #ShareBeautyContest .One lucky winner will be chosen following the end of the contest. Each person who enters will have the opportunity to win a customized VIP beauty treatment worth $2,000 from Regency and Refinery29. To enter just click here

And don't forget to share your beauty stories with me! I'm excited to see the comments :)

Love,
Astrid

15 comments:

  1. I've never watched tutorials. I should start! Thanks for sharing your story. :)

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya being addicted to beauty! I swear its like legal crack! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously addicted to beauty tutorials. I'll definitely go check out your channel! :)

    http://downandoutinsephora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will start posting regularly now so watch out for a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post and I liked the video :))

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Isn't such a cute video?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom and magazines helped pave the way for love of beauty, too! Thanks for sharing and please stop by and check out my #sharebeauty story! http://bit.ly/sharebeauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your story and your blog is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your post...I love trying new products & reading beauty articles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove Naked makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stories .Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to get a naked palette.. this post reminded me I need one.. but it's funny how you adopted your makeup love from your aunt!

    ReplyDelete