Astrid*Stars: Stripe Garden

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Stripe Garden


I don't often experiment with patterns, but on Monday I just had the urge to try my floral printed Gap jeans with my striped button-up. It was something my fashionista brain told me I just had to try. I was a bit scared to try this out because like I said I don't experiment much with patterns. Sure I love patterns on their own, but mixing and matching them is whole other ballgame. After years of wanting to take the risk and follow in other fashion lovers' footsteps(ahem, Ms. Lauren Conrad), I finally took told myself, "Why not?" and just did it.

Here are the results of my fashion moment:


This look is a perfect summer office outfit. I love that it's put together but still has a playful tone. I loved that it made me get out of my comfort zone and got me compliments at work!

Jeans: Gap || Shirt: HM || Shoes: Target

The reason this pattern mix/match worked was that I made sure to choose similar colors in the patterns. This is like rule #1 in mixing patterns. I saw that the blue in my shirt was similar to the splashes of blue in the pants and both had white. Plus the lines in my shirt are actually much more subtle in person. I rolled the sleeves up to make it a bit more summer-y.

Glasses: Firmoo
As far as makeup goes, I left it pretty simple. I put Maybelline's 24-hour Color Tattoo cream shadow in Bold Gold on my lids, some of my Charlotte Ronson blush from her Shoshanna palette and my Pantone by Sephora lipstick in Tangerine Tango Dream.

I hope you liked this look and I look forward to showing you more of my personal style(and not just Polyvore sets LOL). How do you guys take on mixing patterns? Does it intimidate you or have you mastered it? Let me know in the comments below and share any tips that you may have! Also any leave any requests in what you want to see on the blog :)

And here is a fun picture that made it into the mix:



Love,
Astrid

15 comments:

  1. Brittany HoneycuttJuly 30, 2014 at 6:58 AM

    Love this outfit combo! I'm obsessed with LC as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that outfit! Great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look! It suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern mix! Such a happy, fun outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love patterns! I already have a few pattern pants, but I don't wear them often. Those kinds of pants really make you go out of your comfort zone. I really like how people look in them, but I feel really different when I wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love how you mixed the floral and stripes. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit! those pants are to die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pants are so cute. I love patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, your jeans are such a splash of color! I really love them and I think the striped shirt is a nice touch, it kind of tones everything down a lil bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so intimidated by patterns, although I love the look of power clashing! You so rock this outfit! (:

    ReplyDelete