Astrid*Stars: Trendy Tuesday: Pump Up the Color!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Pump Up the Color!

Pump Up the Color

Pump Up the Color by astridstars featuring yellow pumps

Meant to publish this earlier, but got a major headache from the heat and adjusting to my new glasses(new prescription). Anyway, this post actually was inspired by two separate things that I came across over the weekend. The first thing to inspire this post is a tweet my friend Sally from Antiques & Coffee received after asking what people wanted to see on her blog. One follower responded by saying she was loving the powder blue mid heels. The other source of inspo was the most recent issue of People's Magazine that I read out of boredom while I was working over the holiday. It was on the coffee table and I wasn't quite ready for bed so I flipped through it and they had a feature on the colored pumps trend. Lightbulbs!



The tweet actually made me think of some light blue pumps I saw at Zara and was more of a reminder of how much I had coveted them when I saw them at the store. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to find flats for the wedding/trip I was going on since Charlie so lovingly decided my other new flats were his new chew toy. He's lucky he is so cute. Anyway, now I'm obsessed with this trend. Obviously the light blue ones are my favorite, but I also love the other colors. I mean, what's more fun than adding color to a classic. I can just imagine the perfect outfit too: white t-shirt, jeans and a colorful pump. I'm in love :)

What do you think of this trend? Yay or nay? Let me know in the comments.
Also, let me know any trends you would like me to feature or any requests.

Love,
Astrid

12 comments:

  1. I've been trying to bridge out and try new things and I'm loving all these heels! Might just have to pick up a pink or yellow pair for "just in case"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colorful pumps are so pretty! Unfortunately I'm not the best at walking in heels. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well lucky for you, mid heels are in style :) I'm short so I've gotten used to the height lol, but I also like the lower heels for a more casual look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey we all need a back up LOL! I need to stock up on a few things too. First gotta clean out my closet, but definitely need to shop since I'm "redefining" my style or making it more me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumps! I had the cutest ones for my wedding but haven't worn them in 3 years because my feet hurt all the time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these! Bright colors are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sure are!! Especially since I tend to wear more muted colors. Changing that stat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no :( Yea thats the only downside to heels. Although I have found some really comfy ones

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! Guess it's time to head shoe shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd go for an absolute neon yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors!

    ReplyDelete