Astrid*Stars: Chili's® At Home = Best Frozen Food

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chili's® At Home = Best Frozen Food


* Thank you to Bellisio Foods for sponsoring this post and keeping my meals tasty and bold! *
If you haven't been able to tell, my new job (i.e. my new schedule) has been keeping me busy. Sorry about that, but believe me I'm trying my best to get it together for you. Thankfully that's really the only downside to this new chapter in my life. Everything else has been great and has added boldness and excitement to my life. So when I was offered the opportunity to try big, bold and tasty flavors of Chili’s® at Home I got very excited since it fit my bold new (and busy) lifestyle. I admit I was a bit skeptical at first because it is after all a frozen dinner, but I remember how much I enjoyed going to Chili's for lunch dates with Michael during college and couldn't resist.

Chili's® at Home in the Frozen Foods Aisle, yumm! (And on sale!)
Chili's® at Home offers quite a selection of the restaurant's favorites. Me being a sucker for mac n' cheese, quickly decided on getting the Bacon Mac N' Cheese and the Pepper Jack Mac N' Cheese. Once I got to the store, my gut told me to go with the latter (Michael and me have a thing for pepper jack cheese that goes back to when we first started dating), so I did. I got the individual sized option because that's the only choice the Pepper Jack Mac N' Cheese comes in, but since Ralph's had it 2/$6 my sister got the Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl entrée, which she has yet to try.

Step 1: Take it out of the Box
Step 2: Microwave for 3 minutes, 'cause ain't nobody got time for the oven :P
Step 3: Mix the pasta and sauce, then put back in the microwave for a minute and a half
I love how easy it was to make and how it felt like I was literally having Chili's Restaurant food at home, not a frozen meal dinner.  Like I said, my new job keeps me busy. I get off right around dinner time then spend about 30+ minutes in traffic. You can imagine that after a long day (I leave everyday at 7:30 am), the last thing I want to do is make dinner, but the one thing I want when I get home is to eat a delicious dinner. Sometimes I'm lucky and my mom has dinner waiting for me, but there are nights when she is off running errands or at church or simply didn't have time to make dinner and so then I have to put something together. Most often it's eggs or a quesadilla, but nothing too rich. I need something easy, but I also crave something full of flavor. So this was a blessing.

Now that I've tried Chili's® at Home frozen foods, I have another option for those nights where I just want dinner ASAP! Not only that, but instead of my very humble eggs or quesadilla, that still take a while to make and also require more work than the microwave, I can easily just pop one of these in the microwave and voilá! I can't believe I'm saying this either since I usually don't care for frozen dinners, but this is hands down the best frozen food meals I've ever tried. Dare I say, it tastes better than Kraft's?! What surprised me most is that it's didnt get crusty or greasy looking like other frozen food I've had the misfortune of eating. Instead it was as creamy as the restaurant's or even as if it had been homemade.

It doesn't mean that I will be eating this all the time, but at least it's an option for when I'm too tired/lazy to make food or we simply skipped the trip to the grocery store. And if you don't believe how much I enjoyed my bold frozen food, let the following (silly) photos be proof:

Ready for my first bite
Bold flavors meeting my taste buds
Happiness in my belly!
Want to see what other big, bold and tasty flavors of Chili's® at Home meals? Head to the Chili's® at Home webpage to see what they are and let me know in the comments below which ones you'd want to try or have tried. Better yet, post a link to your favorite frozen meal to help me on days I just want to eat already... and make my life easier so you get more posts ;)

Love,
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. These sound so good! I haven't seen them yet in my grocery store, but I hope they will be for sale soon because I love Chili's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the go so this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to get some now!
    Thanks for sharing!
    x Tiff (HauteMessMag.com)

    ReplyDelete