Astrid*Stars: Help My Friend Publish Her Book!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Help My Friend Publish Her Book!


I know I haven't blogged in a while and I apologize for that. Work has been crazy and I've had a lot to take care of on my days (weekends) off. Anyway, today I wanted to ask for your help on behalf of my friend Vanessa. She is not only my coworker and friend, but also is a self-publish author. She has a KickStarter going on right now and needs your help so she can publish her book.

As I've mentioned on the blog before, I have a great love for books. Books have had a place in my heart since I was a child and have been my little piece of heaven. Some of my best childhood memories are when I could curl up with a good book or have my mom read me one before bed. Among my favorite children's books are: Love You Forever, Madeline and Where the Wild Things Are. So of course when I found out that Vanessa (and Gina, another friend of ours) were self-publishing Vanessa's first children's book I was very excited to jump on board and help out.


They've already been able to fund their first book, To The Moon and Back as part of their Jake and Caleb series, but need help funding her second book, The Girl and The Cloud. I've actually gotten a sneak peak to both and they really look great. In fact I've already pre-ordered two copies of the first one. And now I'm asking you to help her publish her second book. Not only are they well written, but I also love that her books actually have great positive messages for kids as well.

Again, I am someone who has a deep love for books so when I see friends and others trying to get their books published or bring more reading possibilities to children, I get 100% on board. She still has until September 26th to reach her goal of $2,500 to help get her book to bookstores for children to enjoy. Even if you can't pitch in, by spreading the word, you will be helping out a lot. So go on, lend a hand and spread the love of books. It will be very much appreciated!

Love,
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment