Astrid*Stars: Weekly Wishes #1

Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekly Wishes #1


If you have been reading my blog for some time now, you may have seen me mention my love of to-do lists or something to that effect from time to time. Well I'm about to share a little more of my love for them with you with a new weekly post. This will not replace some of my Monday features, but will become a nice addition and a way to recommit to this blog since I've only been blogging once of week if at all. So starting today I'd like to introduce you to Weekly Wishes. Now before I get to what my weekly to-do list/goals are for the week, let me just mention that this wasn't of my own doing. This is actually part of a link-up that Melyssa over at the The Nectar Collective started sometime last year and it has since grown and spread to many other wonderful bloggers.


Like I said, lately I haven't been blogging a lot and most of that is due to my work schedule and having had a busy couple of months. However I really miss it. I also have noticed that in general, I need to just get more shit done. While I have been productive in my busy-ness, I still feel like there are things I'm wanting to do or having to do that aren't getting done, so this is a nice little jumpstart and it's even better since I'm participating with a great community of bloggers. Before I start rambling too much though here are my wishes ( ahem goals) for the week:

1. Edit videos for my beauty channel-- I tend to film videos, but forget, or rather get distracted by something else that has to be done, to edit and upload them. I also need to edit my vlogs since I'm so behind on that.

2. Keep my room clean. This is a big one for me because it never fails that soon after I clean my room it looks like a tornado came back to demolish it once more. I don't like being messy, in fact it makes me frustrated with myself, so I really want to keep this one. So far I've managed to keep my car clean and mess free as well as my purse, and my room has stayed clean for 4 days straight. Let's hope I keep this up.

3. Workout!! I started this diet plan about 2 or 3 weeks ago as well as #FriskyFall from Tone It Up, yet I've barely worked out, whether it's going to the gym or at home. So this week I want to workout at least 5 out of the 7 days, no matter what.

4. Write some planned posts on this blog! Obviously this one is super important :) Despite my lack of blogging, the idea machine has still been churning. I have a few posts I've been meaning to write so now I just gotta gather my thoughts and write them.

5. Read 3 books.  So I've been buying a lot of books lately, think weekly, for the past month or so. From book club books to some that just were screaming my name, I now have plenty to read, I just gotta get to it. I also have some NetGalley books to finish. The sooner I read them the sooner I can share my reviews with you, which means guaranteed posts. It's a win win all around. Plus it's fall so it really should be happening. 

I will stop there or else this list will just be way too long. If you would like to join in on this fun, click here


The Nectar Collective

Or you can share your wishes below in the comments. Let's hope I get at least two of these crossed off my list *positive thoughts*.


Love, 
Astrid

40 comments:

  1. My room doesn't look like it was hit by a natural disaster, but it is much easier to drop shoes in the middle of the floor than put them back in the box or on the rack. I follow Tone it Up and love their workouts. My hat goes off to you if you can finish three books this week. I'm stopping in from The Nectar Collective to wish you luck on your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to do the #FriskyFallChallenge too right now! Love TIU. Good luck with your goals and keeping your room clean. Why is that always so hard? Happy Monday! #TheNectarCollect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your weekly wishes. Make those wishes come true ;) Side note: My room is the messiest in the entire house. It's dumping grounds for when I'm cleaning up the main floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do some to do lists for this month! I have a lot I need to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your weekly commitment to completing your goals! I am trying to manage work, blog and family my goal is to not go insane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals! 3 books seems like a lot to me right now, but it used to be standard. I may try to read just one this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals for the week! I wish I had time to read, but I think you've inspired me to take a trip into B&N this week and find a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually planned my blog posts out this week! It has been so much easier starting the day with a plan or even 90% of the post done. Lists are helping so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals for the week! I need to do some more blog planning myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LISTS! This is my kind of blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lists too, obviously lol. Glad you liked this post :) Many of my blogs feature a list type format cuz it just makes sense, or at least that's what I tell myself

    ReplyDelete
  12. More blog planning is always needed lol. But it's all for the love of the readers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree they do help so much. I'm more likely to stay on track or get at least half of what I want accomplished when lists are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many good books out right now. Fighting the urge of going and getting more this weekend or browsing amazon lol. I need to keep up with my list so I can make time since I know I have a window of time to read here and there, but lack of scheduling and organization has made that window feel nonexistent. But fingers crossed that I get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I miss those days. I'd read three books easily. Now there is so many things to do, but I make time during lunch breaks or before bed if I'm not too tired.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goal is the same LOL. I have work, blog, youtube videos and health I'm trying to stay on top. Can someone just clone me or give me a couple extra hours a day?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do it! LOL I know this month is going to be super busy for me. It's my birthday month and also Halloween so even before the month started, a lot of things were already penciled in. Still I have a lot to get done. Good luck to us both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean. My mom and sister keep the rest of the house clean, but they also are only doing school right now so there schedules are a bit more flexible and they also don't have my specific organization methods that make me approach things a bit too systematically which makes me not even want to start to tackle my room. There is just too many other fun things to do so there is that too lol. But so far, only my bed is unmade and everything else has stayed organized.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww yayy fellow TIU girl. So far the room has stayed clean but I think life gets busy and sometimes you just get too tired or are having too much fun to care to put things back in there place. Or at least that's how it feels

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the good wishes. I know the list is ambitious, but it pushes me harder to try to get them done. So far so good, just gotta open those books .

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to work on #3 too! Thankfully, I just got new running shorts and a new jog bra so hopefully that's incentive enough!

    ReplyDelete
  22. New workout clothes always motivates me. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are some great goals for the week! I need to work on some of those too, especially working out and cleaning... bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm the same about getting distracted and doing other things. I cant tell you how many blog posts that i have in my drafts that just need a photo or to be edited!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hah. I joined the TOne It Up frisky fall challenge too and have pretty much completely ignored it (and not worked out) the past couple weeks. Oops. I'll work on not being so lazy

    ReplyDelete
  26. That image for the link up is awesome! Yay for getting shiz done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is isn't it? But I can't take credit for it's awesomeness. That is all Melyssa from The Nectar Collective

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL. for me it's been a combination of lack of time, work, and being sick

    ReplyDelete
  29. The photos always get me. I can write one up easily, but it's looking for the right pictures that does me in

    ReplyDelete
  30. lol those are probably the highest priority but the least fun. Although working out can be fun if it means trying some new cool class.

    ReplyDelete
  31. AHHH everytime someone puts read a book on their things to do it reminds me that I need to get back into reading! I love it sooo sooo much! What are your favorite books?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. We have some wishes in common for this week, I totally need to workout more. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have to do lists all the time! It is my life ambition to keep the flat tidy for at least a week - it hasn't happened yet!


    katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have a daily to do. There is just not enough time in the day to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm obsessed with to-do lists too! i love melyssa and her weekly wishes. :) best of luck on your goals this week! i need to get reading too if i want to meet my reading goal for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need to step my posting game up. I have lots to do to get my schedule where I'd like it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It always helps when I put my goals on my blog! I'm with you on the books goal! Finally made it to the library last week.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ah I feel your pain, I am the same. I get so annoyed with myself cause I'm not blogging as much as I want to, work just goes crazy and I feel like I have no evenings to myself to sit down and write. Your goals actually pretty closely match my goals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love making lists. However, my lists are never ending... lol. May all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete