Astrid*Stars: Weekly Wishes #2

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weekly Wishes #2


YAYYY, Weekly Wishes is back! I apologize that this post is going up a bit late this Monday, but I was working on another important post and also work was busy so I couldn't sneak in time then. But anyway, I'm excited to be starting my second week of weekly wishes.



First things first, let's review last week's wishes and see what I accomplished. Remember my goal was to be able to cross out at least two of them. Here is last week's list:

1. Edit videos for my beauty channel - I'm really proud to have accomplished this. I ended up posting two of the videos I'd recorded. You can view and comment here and here. I was suppose to record one for today, since my goal is to post every Monday, but unfortunately, it will have to wait for tomorrow.

2. Keep my room clean.- OMG! I can't believe this was actually accomplished. But yes, I've managed to keep my room clean. This means my floors are clutter free and there is desk space.

3. Workout!! - So this started out on a great start until Friday when I injured my foot at work. It's ok, just bruised thankfully, but didn't wanna risk it so ended up just taking it easy since Friday.

4. Write some planned posts on this blog! - I didn't write the ones I was planning, but did manage to give you at least 2 posts last week so Yay for more than 1 post last week :)

5. Read 3 books.  - Soooooo, this might have been overambitious! But, at least it did push me to try to read more, which means I got further along in Love Anthony

{Source: Lisa Genova's Website}


Now for this week's wishes:
{Source: Goodreads}

1. Re-start May Cause Miracles- I keep starting this book and only getting to the 12th day at the most. I want to start the process again, especially as I begin a new chapter in my life. I recently became a single lady and want to embrace the fact that I'm alone after 5 years in a relationship. No worries, I'm still friends with my ex, Michael, but things just weren't working out for us. It was very amicable, but now I want to to enjoy the fact that I get to focus on me and embracing self-love. 

2. Read more. -I'm making this a bit more general this time. I want to finish Love Anthony, but also at least start my 2 books for this month's book clubs.

3. Get More Sleep. - This is always something I struggle with, but I want to try my best to go to bed before 1 am this week in the attempt to train myself to go to bed earlier. My usual bedtime has been 2 am and well, I'm getting literally tired of this LOL. 

4. Begin organizing my magazines/Decluttering- Now that my room is clean, I'd like to start minimizing my clutter and getting rid of stuff I don't need. I want to start this by getting through my old magazines. This process involves going through them and looking for any inspiring images/articles and saving those before tossing it out.


5. Enjoy my Birthday.- Yes that's right, this week is my birthday week and I plan to make the most of it, even if I don't necessarily do something big. I'm not talking about a big party or anything fancy like that. I mean having a good birthday week of spoiling myself and just making the best of it. But hopefully something fancy does make it's way in. 

If you would like to join in on this fun, started by The Nectar Collective click here


The Nectar Collective

Can't wait to see what your goals this week are. And let's hope more gets done this week LOL.

Love,
Astrid

67 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy the week while it lasts. Go completely crazy, but don't die. Heh. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wishes! I should start doing this every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your day & complete your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'll be revamping my weekly list too and it looks like you've had a productive one already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I should start keeping weekly wishes/goals..and see what I can actually accomplish during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh! happy birthday - i hope your week is extra productive so you can celebrate that TOO! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next week is my Birthday so we are close. Good job on keeping your room clean I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday girl! why is keeping our rooms clean so dang hard?@!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted to read the may cause miracles book! Let me know how you like it if you finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait what. You can get through 3 books in a week!? Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. songbirdsandbuttonsOctober 14, 2014 at 5:49 PM

    yay! happy birthday week! Looks like you're making some progress on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday week! :) i need to read more also. good luck on your goals this week! hope your foot is all better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off happy birthday! Second of all, way to go setting goals, I'm horrible with them but they're so important to have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Minus #5, this could sooo be my own list! Good luck with everything and happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for October babies!



    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a fabulous birthday! I hope you manage to cross off everything on your list, even the ambitious 'read three books' wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for keeping a room clean for an entire week! I can't remember the last time I managed that. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That book looks awesome! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're knocking things off the list! Congrats! It always feels amazing to cross something off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3 books!? wow. Ive been interested in the Miracles book as well. I have it in my amazon cart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! Have a fab one! Just try to keep that room clean when you're celebrating ;)


    I have so many things I need to put into files!


    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you have a great birthday! My weekly wishes are to make it through this kind of crazy work week I am having so I can get to the weekend and do some blog posts! I would like to finish all my posts from my trip to Italy by the end of October!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great wishes, good luck with this week! I could use a lot more sleep too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for crossing things off! Cheers to a new week! Hope you've crossed some off already!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on getting some stuff crossed off the list! Hope you have a FABULOUS birthday week.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday day in advance and well done on last week's wishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Week! Hubby looks at me strangely when I say I want to celebrate my birthday week, but definitely glad to see that I am not alone on this one.


    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday!! I always celebrate an entire week too. Why not? Love your list of wishes. Sounds like you are doing great at getting some things done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN!! Glad to see you have accomplished some of the things on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday! I have some very similar goals but if I publish them then I actually have to do them so...

    xoxo
    The Accidental Mama
    www.theaccidentalmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Michelle ChouinardOctober 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM

    Happy birthday! And maybe the trying to read more will lead to sleeping more if you pick a really boring book! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like this idea of making a list of goals for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Best wishes for your birthday! And I love that you call it weekly wishes instead of task list - sounds so much more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the wishes. As for the name, Melyssa from The Nectar Collective came up with that, but I agree, so much more inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Definitely helps me keep the focus on what needs to be done, but also on the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Reading definitely helps. Boring book or not lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. HAHAHAHA. Yea I always get a bit scared, but I've gotten used to using social media as my accountability coach soo... I just put it all out there.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much. Hoping to keep that momentum

    ReplyDelete
  39. I try lol. But thanks for the good wishes. I'm still in celebration mode

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would look at him weird. LOL JK but yes you are not alone. Birthday week prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I tried my best. My goal is to get as much (even if that means a little) done each week.

    ReplyDelete
  42. OMG sleep! It's always such a challenge

    ReplyDelete
  43. Those are great goals! Hope you were able to get some done, would love to see those.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I sorta succeeded with the room :) And files are a bit further down the line for me

    ReplyDelete
  45. Its great, just hard to get through it

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks so much. I know I was pretty impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yay indeed. Happy Birthday to you too

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you :) And yes setting goals is the first step. Even if you don't accomplish them, by giving them importance, you get one step closer to getting them done

    ReplyDelete
  49. Foot is all better :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sometimes I can. When I make time for it

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cuz we are too busy living life lol

    ReplyDelete
  52. For sure. It's definitely fun and productive at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  53. thank you and can't wait to see your list

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hahahah I survived birthday week :) And thanks for the good wishes

    ReplyDelete
  55. The May Cause Miracles book looks interesting. It may be just the read I'm looking for right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete