Astrid*Stars: Weekly Wishes #9

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Weekly Wishes #9


Here's this week's Weekly Wishes post. I had actually had it ready since the beginning of the week, but got busy and didn't finish writing it until today. Lots of crazy things have happened in the past week both good and bad. 

The good: I got to spend a very spontaneous fun Saturday in Ojai with James. I'm talking books, good conversation and goatnog (yes you read that right and mine was spiced with rum, thank you very much). The bad news: I was told yesterday I only have a job for two more weeks. Yea that was not expected, but at least I'll have more time for this blog while I find another job :)

Now since last week I did the Monthly Wishes post for December, here are this week's goals pertaining to those:

1. Edit Vlogmas Vids- I have uploaded the first one on my vlog channel, but because my computer was acting up due to too much memory being used (oops), I had to actually take valuable editing time going through it and dumping what I could onto an external hard drive. But now that that's taken care of, I can edit the small batch in a Flash!

2. Finish a book (or two)- I have been reading more so this may actually be possible this week. I am more than halfway done with a book and still have another one that I finished mid-way. Plus I got some new books in Ojai.

3. Look for a Job- I was applying to jobs before the bad news, but now I'm applying even crazier than ever! Any leads would be swell, (in LA please, LOL).

Also, I wanted to say that I really appreciate your comments. Ooh that's something else I want to get to this week. I feel like I need to be on top of that more rather than waiting weeks to answer back.

Anyway, remember you can always join this link up by clicking below:

The Nectar Collective

Love,
Astrid

28 comments:

  1. Hi Astrid! I'm new to your blog and just wanted to stop by and say hello :) I'm off to check out your youtube channel (I am starting mine this weekend! EEEK!). What books have you read lately, any you can recommend? I'm always on the look out for new books to read. Have a super weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello :) OOHH I can't wait to see what you share on your channel. It's always excited but also nerve-wrecking. I am working on mine this weekend. As far as reading, I've been taking my sweet time finishing Love, Anthony by Lisa Genova only because life has kept me busy. However I can recommend a few that I've really enjoyed. Some include Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk (my favorite) and The Silver Star by Jeanette Walls. I'm looking forward to is The Goldfinch by Donna Tart and The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson (love this trilogy). I hope you have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ojai is a wonderful place to rejuvenate and relax! Glad you got to do that! Awesome list of weekly wishes! Hope you get them all fulfilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you with finishing a book. I am half way through so many & need to find time to finish one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the job. Keep a positive attitude, it'll work out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. best of luck with job hunt and book reading
    Rosie
    www.rosedogandco.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vlogmas YT videos! Heading over to watch yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you find something quickly! Love the attitude and the fact that you want to keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When one door close, another one opens. Don't stress, something even better will be around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Yes Ojai is beautiful. One of my favorite day trips and I'm glad I got to share it with someone special. Now to plan a hiking trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahah yea its always so hard to finish a book when you only get five minutes here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For sure! I'm not letting it get me down. I just think of the time I'll have to concentrate on the blog and get some reading done while I look for a new one LOL. Also it will be so much easier to hang with friends since I always seems to fall asleep at their houses just chatting the night away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For sure. I'm editing them now. It's been a busy week and my computer was not being kind, but it's working now:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Yea I'm usually the type to not dwell on the negative too long or at least try my best not to. And I fear if I don't keep busy I will just become a blob LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the kind words. Thankfully I have some interviews lined up already so fingers crossed. One step closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So true. I actually have two interviews set up for this week already so it's one step closer. And in the mean time, I'll enjoy my free time working on myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The job hunt is always so stressful. I just went through the same thing. You got it. Keep going at it and you will find something good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the positive words. Yes it is stressful, but I'm just keeping it positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like some good wishes, Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I swear reading is always on my to do list, and is always getting pushed back. I need to make more time for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading is number one on my to do list, always. I think its the only thing regularly checked off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck on your goals! I always have reading more on my list, and luckily I've been doing pretty well this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck on your goals!! i'm working on my reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been wanting to get into vlogging, but have absolutely no video editing skills. I just had my daughter, though, so although a bit of a different situation than you find yourself in, I too will be home instead of at the office, and hopefully that will give me more time for my blogging endeavors..... good luck, things will always work out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah what I wouldn't do to finish a book lol, I need to brush up on my youtubing skills

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wishing you all the best with goals, it is good to lay out a plan for sure.

    ReplyDelete