Astrid*Stars: Kiss Me Organics: Matcha Green Tea Review

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kiss Me Organics: Matcha Green Tea Review


*This post is sponsored by BrandBacker and Kiss Me Organics, but all opinions are my own*
I am sure I am not alone in making one of my resolutions every year be to eat/be healthier. It is probably one of the top resolutions everyone makes every time New Years' comes around. One year its coconut water, another year it's kale and this year it seems Matcha is making a comeback as one of the trendiest foods of the year. So when I was asked to try out Kiss Me Organics Culinary Grade Organic Matcha, I said sure I'll join in on the fun.

Now chances are you may have heard of Matcha (it was all the craze a few years ago too). Even so, you may still be wondering what is it exactly.  In the simplest terms, it is a powdered form of green tea. It comes with the benefits of green tea, but since it is a more concentrated form, there are even more benefits to it, so they say.

Kiss Me Organics healthy foods trends of 2015

The benefits include help in boosting energy and concentration as well as boosting your metabolism to help support weight loss. It also has 137x's the antioxidant of regular brewed green tea. Because it is a powder, it makes it easy to use in lattes, baking (yes, baking!) and my personal favorite, post-workout smoothies!

 As a tea lover, I do like enjoying it as tea, but I LOVE adding it to my smoothies! I just put some almond milk, a banana, some vanilla protein powder and then a teaspoon of Matcha powder in a blender, blend and voilá, pure healthy yumminess! I like enjoying it in one of my many mason jars (cuz it makes a lot LOL) and add this cute green straw that my friend sent me.

Kiss Me Organics healthy foods trends of 2015

Now, like I mentioned before, I've had Matcha lattes before, but the thing with Matcha is that it can tend to taste bitter. I'm not sure what brand the local coffeehouses use, but I get weary of them at times because sometimes they add too much or don't blend it well, or maybe it's the kind they are using, but I end up with a really strong (read bitter) Matcha latte. Luckily, Kiss Me Organics Matcha Powder doesn't give me this issue. In fact, I can honestly say it is one of the better ones I've tasted, even in a regular Matcha tea. 

If you want to try Kiss Me Organics Culinary Grade Organic Matcha for yourself you can purchase it on Amazon if you live in the US, the UK and Canada. I'm curious to know if any of you have tried out this trendy food and if so what do you love about it. Please share in the comments and let's make this year a healthy one :)

Love,
Astrid



No comments:

Post a Comment