Astrid*Stars: Weekly Wishes #11

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Weekly Wishes #11


As always, my Weekly Wishes posts comes a bit late and by that I mean not on Monday LOL. But I won't bore you with too much introduction since last week's Weekly Wishes post was quite lengthy (and yes I realize it's more resolutions, than January wishes). Also, I am back on social media, but honestly now its-GASP- eh to me! Yes I still use it because it is useful for communicating and all, but I feel myself being able to set it aside more often, so yay me. Anyway, before I ramble on, here are this week's wishes:

1. Organize Files, Papers & Mags- So I am sort of consolidating these since they are all papers and take over my room in stacks LOL. That and they are all sort of put together. Plus they require filing. I've actually already gotten through a lot of them already (YAY Me!), but there is still much to do.

2. Clean out/Organize my closet- So I could have just said my wish is to organize, but I had to put them into separate wishes because organizing my "paper" stuff is a whole different thing than trying to tackle my closet. I do this almost on a bi-annual basis (did that make sense?), but this year I am planning to be a lot more realistic about what to keep, plus I will be implementing a bit of a different method than usual. Let me know if you want a post on this FYI.

3. Start Planning my Road Trip-  So in last week's wishes post I talked about wanting to travel a bit more and in that mentioned my resolution to take a road trip to Seattle (ahem up the West Coast, oh yeah!). Well in order to make that happen I need to start planning it and figuring out the costs so I can give myself a date and also see how much to save up. I'm already on it, but still have a ways to go.

I will leave it at that since I tend to over do it, and then I accomplish nothing LOL. But you guys know reading will always be there, and I'm happy to report I just finished Paper Towns By John Green (I'll review it if you want).

Now it's your turn to share your wishes for the week in the comments :) If you'd like I mean.

And remember, you can always join the link-up:

The Nectar Collective

Love,
Astrid

37 comments:

  1. I need to organize EVERYTHING in my life - including my office, paperwork and start working on my taxes. Can't wait to hear about your road trip to Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like planning the trip is more fun than the trip. Plus Seattle, ahhh it has my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how weekly wishes act as a great accountability tool to getting things done throughout the week. I'm right there with you though, I am a magazine HOARDER and I've got to clean them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.comJanuary 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM

    I need to start doing weekly wishes. What a good idea. #2 would be on mine every week, I never get that done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am filling out the blog plan I just got and trying to plan out my editorial calendar for Jan-Mar - those are my wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome goals to get stuff done! Planning takes up time but it's so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week I'm wishing to get my closets organized too!...then, I'm going to make my rounds to each one of my boys. Wish me luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to clean out my closet too, and get rid of all the junky cheapo clothes that don't fit nice on me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie @ Diary of a DebutanJanuary 15, 2015 at 5:35 PM

    Oh geez, if you can manage to clean/organize my closet, too, I'd be eternally grateful :) Good luck road trip planning... those are the most fun! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to go through all the baby clothes and pack up stuff to give away. That would be my wish for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a lot of stuff to do and maintain this week, and I'm happy to say I accomplished my goals. Here's to you accomplishing yours! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Organizing my closet is on my list also!
    KyMarieC

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been sick all week so the house has gone craaaaazy. This weekend I have to muster up some energy, and go to TWO baby showers, wash and put away 5 loads of laundry, and make a grocery list. My husband said he'd help with anything else... so I think I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have plans to travel a lot more this year so hopefully I will

    ReplyDelete
  15. katanenglishmammainstockholmJanuary 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM

    That sounds like a great road trip - happy planning! And good luck with the organising. It always feels so satisfying when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm excited for the planning. As for organizing, it seems never ending, but I also not so secretly enjoy it lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for traveling. I'm keeping it domestic for now just so I can actually achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww hope you feel better. Being sick is always the worst and it always throughs me off course. At least your hubby is helping out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a good wish. It's crazy how fast kids grow up and grow out of clothing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha, I'd be happy to help if I could. Its such a hassle, but its my favorite organizing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yea that's what I'm planning to do. I just need to be completely honest about what I really NEED to keep LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh definitely. I am starting off slow and trying to keep planning practical but fun. Basically thinking of the travel time, costs and the cool places I want to eat at LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds great. I really should be planning out my editorial calendar, but I keep avoiding it cuz it can get overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha you should definitely start :) And yea the closet organizing can be intimidating, although at the end of it, I really enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm the worst with magazines. It only took me 13 years to realize I should just keep the current Month's issues.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahah yes planning can be fun, but I'm excited since I already know one of the friends who has agreed to join me and he makes things fun. Can't wait for Seattle though, mostly since I get to see my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha yes my life definitely needs major organization in all aspects. I'm such a mess LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love road trips! Sounds fun! I am in this clearing out mode too. I've got piles of stuff I'm donating.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your weekly must do's are my DAILY ones. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think I'm going to go to my grave organizing papers and files. I feel so overwhelmed at times with it. Glad to see it's on your weekly list vs. monthly list.
    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO fun to plan trips and vacations! Excited to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is! Still in the early process but it will happen :)

    ReplyDelete