Astrid*Stars: Weekly Wishes #13

Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekly Wishes #13


Can you believe its the last Monday of January? Wow does time go by quickly. It's also Monday and I am posting Weekly Wishes well at the beginning of the week AND it's my second post of the day! I'm on a roll LOL! But honestly, after weeks (er, months?) of being out of sorts and having a bit of writer's/blogger's block, I finally feel like I'm back. Which lead's to me to last week's goal. Let's see what I got or didn't get done:

1. Sort through the rest of my Magazines.- Yea didn't even pick one up. Oops.

2. Choose a project from my Pinterest Boards- Honestly, I just kept pinning. I didn't actually get to one because I soon realized I just can't afford to buy art supplies right now since I'm still on the job hunt. BUT I did choose this one and this one to do once I have the funds.

3. Figure out a Blog Schedule from now until March- I haven't figured it out all the way to March, BUT I at least have the next two weeks more or less figured out. I just need to get the calendar out and write it down.

Now here are this week's wishes:

1. Blog Schedule-  I've already explained this above, but my goal is to get it down on paper and come up with some other post ideas.

2. Hike More- I love to hike, but I seem to get lazy to do this. But I want to take at least 3 hikes this week, with and without the dogs. I love that this requires no money and can also be a great way to relax. Plus if I invite friends, it becomes a nice social activity.

3. Finish two books- Now I actually believe this is possible this week. Since participating in the National Readathon Day with some book club friends this past Saturday (we pledged to read from noon to 4pm), I got the ball rolling on my reading goals. I got 145 pages of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson (love this series) done in that sitting and read even more that night. So since I'm halfway done with it, I know I can finish this and another book by the end of the week. Plus I'm trying to read before bed since it helps me curb electronics from distracting me. This means a more reasonable bedtime.

What are your goals for the week? Share them in the comments below and as always remember you can join in on the Weekly Wishes link-up by heading here:

The Nectar Collective

Love,
Astrid

12 comments:

  1. Wow it is the last week of January. Cool blog and great goals. I have
    figuring out a blog plan on my list of things to do as well. Hopefully
    this will be the week that it get crossed off. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your goals this week! Choosing just one of anything off Pinterest is practically impossible for me too! Love the goal to finish two books this week - reading for 4 hours straight sounds like the best way to spend an afternoon!! I loved 'the girl who' series too - I finished up 'the goldfinch' the other week, have you read it? It's suuuch a crazy book, but it totally hooked me the way Larsson's books did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hike more often. It's so necessary to get outdoors and explore some! I'm on the job hunt too and it's nice to do things that don't cost anything. Good luck on your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh National Readathon Day! I have never heard of that but it sounds like fun! One of my resolutions for the year is to try a Pinterest project each month, not as big scale as yours though. Heh. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey anything counts right? At least you're tackling your pins lol. Good luck to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely so nice to be outdoors. Like today it rained here and it was definitely nice to walk to my car in the rain after the gym lol. And yes free stuff is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have not gotten to the Goldfinch yet but its on my nightstand. Will get to it after my next book :) And yes reading 4 hours straight was nice. Its sad but great to schedule time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh for sure! Fingers crossed! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your reading goals!! I really need to get on that train and read before bed. I always say I'm going to and then I will fall asleep watching tv. Blahh

    ReplyDelete
  10. It happens to all of us. I've fallen asleep with the tv and lights on so many nights. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Story of my life! At least I don't fall asleep with homework on my bed anymore.

    ReplyDelete