Astrid*Stars: February Wishes || Weekly Wishes # 14

Thursday, February 5, 2015

February Wishes || Weekly Wishes # 14


It's Thursday and I'm just getting this up. I kept trying to put it up, but work has been crazy. No really, my eye has been twitching like crazy and let's not get started on my neck. Needless to say I am stressed out, but I am also grateful to be somewhat employed again. Also naps are great, I don't know why I hated them for so long. Anyway, mercury is almost done being in retrograde, so I have hope this month (can't believe its February) will only get better !

Before we get to my wishes for the month, let's see if I was able to accomplish last week's wishes:
1. Blog Schedule-  Yea still need to sit and write this down.

2. Hike More- So I didn't get to 3 hikes, but I did do 2 nice hikes. One of them was with my dogs and I finished just before the rain came pouring down lol. The other hike was a really long hike (like 3+ hours) with my old coworker Ashlee. We ended up doing one of the Hollywood Sign trails and obviously I took a lot of pictures.

Hike #1:





Hike #2 (Hollywood Sign):








3. Finish two books- Like I said I'm newly employed and lately have just been really busy/tired. So I didn't even finish one book, but I did read 100 pages more of The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest. So yay for that.

So with that I bring you my February Wishes:
1. Write Down the Blog Schedule- To actually stay on track I will just focus on planning out this month's posts. Seems simple, yet somehow it's impossibly hard to execute LOL.

2. Get Myself on a Schedule- So I keep trying to get so much done in a day, but somehow only manage to actually accomplish one or two things. I really need to work on my time management and get myself into a nice schedule or routine that is conducive to me working from home. Plus I really need to stop working way into 3am.

3. Design the New Blog Elements- I may have mentioned before that I am working on a new blog design with a friend of mine. Well he gave me a list of tasks to get to so that he can really start working on the site. Sadly I keep putting them off. Not so much because I don't want to, but because I'm either busy or feel overwhelmed by other things going on and Netflix just seems more appealing during those times.

Since February is such a short month, I will leave it at that. If I accomplish this yay and if by a miracle I do more than OMG who am I?! Now I'm curious to know what your wishes for the month are. Also anyone mind sharing their V-Day chocolate with me? No seriously!

And remember you can also join in on the fun and do your own Weekly Wishes posts by joining the link up hosted by The Nectar Collective:


The Nectar Collective

Love,
Astrid


29 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of schedule type related goals, which is funny because I was just lamenting that I need to hack my schedule and get in on track for me. I love the idea of hiking more. I try to go once a week and it is so rejuvenating. Good luck with all of your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out of 3 hikes isn't bad at all and it seems like your goals for February are all attainable. Here's hoping you get through them this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.comFebruary 5, 2015 at 11:35 AM

    I need to work on my goals, none have gotten done latelt
    I would love go hike where you are though! Wow what a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha story of my life. Seriously I just feel like I can't get my act together but the best I can do is try. But yes hiking is such a nice break from the daily routine. Its nice to take a break from technology and such an inexpensive way to hang with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words. I just need to remember to keep calm and stay realistic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously this is why I love LA. You get the city life but are never too far from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is hike #2 Runyon Canyon? How fun! Good luck with all you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely wish I hiked more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I will never be on a great blogging schedule... it's more something I do because I enjoy it... I don't want it to feel like work! :) And hiking... I love it, and definitely want to get back into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hikes are lookin' a lot like my hikes up here in NorCal. Though I too need to do more of them, and explore different trails :) I LOVE THAT HOLLYWOOD SIGN BEHIND YOU omg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your pictures! I love hiking! Wish I could have time to do more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I'm right there with you on scheduling... I still can't nail one down that I like and that works well for me during this phase of life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard. Mostly its the time management of it all. I will want to wake up earlier but don't and then I get distracted instead of getting to what I need to get to

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Yea I'm trying to make more time for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha yea I love that pic too! I'm hoping to find some new hikes/trails out here but there are sooo many.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely blog because I enjoy it but if I don't have a schedule to act as guideline then it becomes me blogging like once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha to each their own. There are certain things like running like I'd probably just never be all aboard on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No it's not. You can actually see some of Runyon Canyon from it though. This is going through Brush Canyon. But honestly, in the end they all sorta connect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think a 3+ hour hike counts as two so to me you accomplished that one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, exactly why I took off a few weeks over the holidays and that turned into a couple months! :) I will forever be trying to get a good schedule going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww that's very sweet and sorta true lol. Love that kind of opportunist attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So jealous of the weather! I have to work on blog scheduling too... bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so miss being in SoCal- can't hike anymore in Florida :( Great goals, I have a lot of similar goals for this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh I'm staring at a pile of snow right now and all I want to do is hop on a plane direct to LA. Enjoy your beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww thanks. Yea love this nice weather. Although every once in a while I wish I were back in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What? No hikes in Florida? :( Good Luck on your goals though :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know, it's tough! Scheduling I mean lol

    ReplyDelete