Astrid*Stars: A Little Guide to ... Spring Cleaning Your Mind

Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Little Guide to ... Spring Cleaning Your Mind

A Little Guide to... Spring Cleaning Your Mind

Today, March 20th, 2015, marks the first day of Spring and also the first day of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge I'm embarking on (cuz I love Challenges). Winter is over (bet East Coasters are happy 'bout that), which means flowers blooming, lighter clothing and spring cleaning. While the New Year and its resolutions were only a couple of months away, Spring feels like a rebirth, a revival, a refresh button of sorts, perhaps to re-evaluate those previous resolutions. That being said, while Spring Cleaning usually brings to mind deep cleaning/decluttering your home, has anyone ever thought about Spring Cleaning your mind?

Lately I've been doing a lot of reflecting, in part thanks to me recommitting to getting through May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein. I'm only on Day 14 and so far, I feel as though my mind is slowly being cleansed of negativity. I don't mean to sound all holistic BS-y or spiritual or what have you, but through the affirmations and exercises, I've gotten the chance to start purging myself of my fears and therefore negative thoughts and talk. Here is my little guide to spring cleaning your mind:

1. Journaling- Lately, this has helped me vent and clear my mind of worries and negative thoughts. Its also helped with positive thoughts and ideas that pop into my head. It's a way to not only express myself, but also give myself some love. It spring cleans my mind by helping me clear my thoughts and almost act like a therapy since this helps me better reflect on them.

2. Unplugging from my Phone- If you've read my Weekly Wishes from this week or last week, you might have seen that I'm trying to avoid scrolling through my phone first thing in the morning.  This has really helped me start my day much clearer and happier since I don't get caught up in click-bait articles as soon as I start my day. The articles may seem harmless, but really what purpose do they serve me? Now I use that time to enjoy getting ready for the day, snuggling with Charlie and taking a look at what I have going on that day by writing in my Day Designer.

3. Exercise- Honestly, I've noticed a difference between the days I workout and the days I don't. When I workout, I'm focusing on ONE thing, Me. I'm not trying to multi-task or think about how I'm going to pay the bills or whatever. I'm focusing on my breathing, on getting through the workout and on not passing out (I kid, sorta). Through exercise, I'm able to release stress and relish in the endorphins it releases and in doing that, I cleanse my mind. After I workout, I feel much better prepared to take on a task or think about an idea. The exercise can be anything––yoga, spin class, kickbox cardio or even a stretch routine. 

Before you start thinking about spring cleaning your house, closet, (insert any other spring cleaning item), try to spring clean your mind. Doing so may actually help you in tackling the above mentioned tasks. I really hope my little guide can help you in spring cleaning your mind. And please feel free to suggest any other ways you can think of to achieve this.

Love,
Astrid

2 comments:

  1. You're so right about Spring feeling like a rebirth. All of a sudden the world feels full of possibility and I love it! Also love any excuse to get myself organised haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah same here! It may not always appear that I love organization but everything makes sense to me. I could spend hours at the container store....I just need to stop overthinking it so I don't get overwhelmed with exactly how I want things to be. Spring is definitely a nice change :)

    ReplyDelete