Astrid*Stars: Beauty Review: Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Friday, March 27, 2015

Beauty Review: Hyaluronic Acid Serum


Beauty Review: InstaNatural's Hyaluronic Acid Serum
*This Post is sponsored by Brandbacker and InstaNatural, but all opinions are 100% my own*

By now we have established that I love trying new skin care and beauty products. I love being able to do these beauty reviews so that I can share my thoughts with you about new(to me) products. Sometimes I fall in love with them, other times not so much or there's those special occasions where I like the product, but I don't think it fulfilled all the promised benefits. InstaNatural's Hyaluronic Acid Serum falls into that last category.

Before elaborating on my experience and giving you my review, let's take a look at the Hyaluronic Acid Serum itself. It contains a nice blend of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Green Tea, all antioxidants, all great for the skin. In addition to the antioxidants, the serum's main ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which is a natural hydrator for the skin, helping it retain moisture. Another great ingredient is Jojoba Oil, which also helps in hydrating the skin.

It's great to know that the serum contains all these great ingredients (and that it's 100% cruelty free), but what does it promise? Well for one, it promises improve the skin's texture and brightness due the moisture it offers. It also promises to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help achieve an overall healthy complexion. All sound great right, but did it deliver? Well sorta.
Before using InstaNatural Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Before Picture
The picture above is my before picture and was taken early in the morning about a month ago. I have no make up on at all. Prior to adding InstaNatural's Hyaluronic Acid Serum to my skin care routine, my skin had been in really bad shape. It was dry and bumpy and just plain gross, which is why I wanted to try the serum in the first place. I know the picture is a bit blurry (only one where I don't look angry lol), but you might be able to tell that I had broken out a bit and that my skin looks a bit tight (read: dry).

Right after this picture, I applied the serum to my face. From there I would make sure to use it every morning after washing my face and applying toner, but before any makeup or even sunscreen. I also began applying it every night after washing my makeup off and again applying the toner. It became a synchronous routine. It was actually a very easy addition since I had been using another serum in my routine already (but I had finished it a few weeks prior).

After using InstaNatural's Hyaluronic Acid
After Picture
So the results? About a week into using the serum I began noticing that my skin felt a lot more hydrated than it had been in a while. This in turn meant that my skin's texture was also improving. I was very happy about this. As I used it more and more (I wanted to make sure it was working), I really started noticing how much more moisturized my skin was and how improved my skin looked. You might be able to tell in the After photo above, although I also think the lighting helps (sunnier morning).

It isn't until now looking at the pictures that I see a slight improvement in the dark circles, although again, that can be due to the lighting and more sleep. I'm not so sure about brightening (again lighting could be the culprit) or the fine wrinkles, but I am happy that my skin at least looks less zombie-like and tired, so therefore healthier. What I didn't like about the serum is that it feels very sticky as it dries. Also, it dries way to quickly, like you have to apply it as quickly as possible. Other than that, I think the product did it's job. It's not something I'd necessarily rush out to buy again, but I'm still satisfied with the improvements to my skin.
That being said, InstaNatural's Hyaluronic Acid Serum is still a great product and may work even better for you. If you want to try it out, you can purchase it here. I hope you found my beauty review helpful and please let me know anything else you'd like me to review.

Love,
Astrid




10 comments:

  1. Wow! It definitely made a difference. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always trying to find new products to hydrate my face more. I use ponds face lotion at least 2 times a day but sometimes if I wear my makeup to long my face starts to feel greasy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try a hyaluronic acid serum for a while now. My skin responds really well to retinol so I haven't messed with a lot of other products but I hear it's really great for the skin in general...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pubali Babi ChatterjeeMarch 27, 2015 at 6:59 AM

    Your skin looks amazing in the AFTER shot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skin looks so amazing, what a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reading :) Yea it made a bit of a difference. Definitely didn't hurt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used Ponds in the past and agree it can be a bit greasy. That's why I'm weary of most lotions, but this drys quickly, so not greasy at all

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely worth a try, maybe try finding a product with it at Sephora and ask for a sample. It's definitely helped my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for reading and for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thanks, definitely helped. Its worth a try

    ReplyDelete