Astrid*Stars: Friday Favorites

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites AstridStars

Apologies for not posting a Friday Favorites last week. To make it up though, I'm combining last week's favorites with this week's. These past two weeks I've been all about positivity and good vibes. I've also started my spring cleaning and have been spending time with loved ones. Anyway, on to the favorites!

Favorite Dessert:

Aroma Cafe, AstridStars, Friday Favorites
{Source: Me}
This bread pudding from Aroma Cafe (in Studio City) is the bomb dot com! I got this when I finally took my sister to her Birthday lunch. I only ate half because it is pretty rich, but OMG is it delicious!

Favorite Podcast:

Happier Podcast, Friday Favorites, AstridStars
{Source: Me}
I really enjoy listening to podcasts and I'm so happy to add this one to my usual favorites. The Happier Podcast is hosted by Gretchen Rubin of the Happiness Project and her sister Elizabeth Craft. I love that they are short so its perfect for the ride to and from the gym or even a short stair master workout. Plus its full of great tips to living a happier life.

Favorite Quote:

Quote, Perfect is the Enemy of Good, AstridStars, Friday Favorites
{Source: Luis La Torre Behance}
I actually heard this quote on the Happier Podcast and immediately fell in love. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and sometimes this takes away from the memory or lesson being taught at the time. This quote reminds me to just try my best and be happy with that rather than be miserable because things aren't my idea of perfect.

Favorite Makeup Product:

Benefit Eyeliner, Friday Favorites, AstridStars
{Source: Me}
I am loving the They're Real Push-Up Liner from Benefit. It's been on my wishlist for the longest time and I finally got my hands on it a couple of weeks ago during a shopping trip, but finally began using it this past week or so. I love that its a gel liner which allows for more precision as well as making it easier to fix if I mess up. I've never had better wings!

Favorite YouTube Channel:
{Source: Me}
So lately I've been taking advantage of the fact that I can play YouTube videos on my TV and have incorporated them into my morning routine. Mostly because there's not much going on in the mornings that I want to watch, especially since cutting down on cable. Anyway, point is this has led me to obsessively watch MarissaLace's Vlogs on her channel Marissa Kathryn (she recently changed the name). I seriously love watching her videos and find her so entertaining. Go check her out if you haven't seen her videos. Warning: will cause laughter! 

Favorite New Show:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Friday Favorites, AstridStars
{Source: Official Kimmy Schmidt Twitter}
If you haven't heard, Tina Fey has a new show on Netflix and its AWESOME! She doesn't star in it, but the adorably funny Ellie Kemper does! The show is called The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and premiered last week on Netflix. It's about Kimmy Schmidt (Kemper) who is one of four women who had been kept hostage for 15 years in an underground bunker. The show then follows Kimmy as she tries to create a new "normal" life and adjust to the present. I decided to binge watch this as I was spring cleaning my room and finished it in two days. And still have the theme song stuck in my head LOL. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you clear your weekend ASAP, put your pj's on and find it on Netflix!

What were your favorites for this Friday? 

Love,
Astrid

2 comments:

  1. I really need to watch Unbreakable i've heard so many times it's a must watch.

    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is! And its an easy binge

    ReplyDelete