Astrid*Stars: Blogger Fun at Mixx Yoga

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blogger Fun at Mixx Yoga

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture by Golden Hope Studios
*
Not a Sponsored Post...just a review of a wonderful memory :)*

Before I begin telling you about the awesome Blogger Event I got to attend at the amazing Mixx Yoga in Newport Beach, I want to say SORRY for not blogging in forever. Honestly, I never planned to take any time away from blogging, especially not 2+ months, but you guys know life happens and boy did life happen. In all that though, my time at Mixx Yoga was not forgotten. Also, warning...this post is very photo heavy (but you guys don't mind right?!).

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture by Golden Hope Studios
Last I blogged, I mentioned how I was doing the Bikini Series from Tone it Up that started up in April. Well, this Blogger event was a bit of a warm-up to that (yes I am very late on posting this...again apologies). Fellow blogger Kriselle of Livin and Lovin invited some of us SoCal bloggers to get our hearts pumping and our bodies sweatin' while we got our yoga on. And it all took place at Mixx Yoga in Newport Beach, a unique yoga studio that combines yoga with cardio and plyometrics.

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of founder Mitra by Golden Hope Studios
The studio was founded by Mitra Hooshmand, a neuroscientist who fell in love with yoga while trying to find a cure for her knee pain. Since she was also an athlete she decided to see what would happen if she combined cardio and yoga and that's sort of how Mixx was founded. Pretty cool right?! I definitely think so especially because I tend to love it when I can get some cardio in with my yoga.  Not only does Mixx have a seriously cool founder, but Kalila our instructor was great too (as are the others).

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of Instructor Kalila by Golden Hope Studios
Aside from being able to experience such an amazing yoga class, what made it all that much better was the fact that I got to do it with some fellow SoCal Bloggers (HCBN girls included), who I finally got meet face to face, and my friend Julia who I brought along for the ride (she used to be a fitness instructor so its apropos). And on top of the awesomeness of the class and the social aspect, we all went home with some Fabletics goodie bags (free pants included WOOT WOOT). Kriselle seriously thought of everything (she even hired us a photographer ~Kristen thank you~, cuz hello...Blogger Event). Seriously...enjoy the pics :)

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of Julia and Me by Golden Hope Studios

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture by Golden Hope Studios
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture by Golden Hope Studios

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture by Golden Hope Studios
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of HCBN SoCal Girls by Golden Hope Studios

Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of the Messy Aftermath...by me
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Just us girls socializing...Picture by me
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Behind the counter...Picture by me
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
The Merch.....Picture by me
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Where the magic happened...Picture by Me
Can you tell we had a blast?! If you live in or are visiting Newport Beach soon, I highly recommend you try a class at Mixx Yoga. Mitra and her fellow instructors are wonderful. I truly wish I lived closer, but I will be returning as soon as I'm in the area...for now I'll have to be comforted by my local  studio, cuz yea now I've fallen in love with yoga.
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
That's a wrap....Picture by me
Love Namaste,
Astrid
Mixx Yoga Newport Beach
Picture of me in corpse by Golden Hope Studios

2 comments: