Astrid*Stars: Motivation Monday: What Motivates Us

Monday, September 14, 2015

Motivation Monday: What Motivates Us

Motivation Monday: What Motivates Us

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was definitely busy and productive, which hasn't happened in a while. Saturday alone, I managed to get in like 5 errands within the first two hours of waking up. I was quite proud of myself since it usually takes forever to motivate myself to do anything right away. Which got me thinking of a conversation I recently had with James about the different ways we are motivated. So why not start the week off on a positive note by talking a bit about what motivates us.

More specifically, I want to talk about how we may be motivated based on the way we absorb ideas or learn. For example, James is often motivated to try new things after hearing about them on podcasts. He is very much an auditory learner so it makes sense that he is influenced by these podcasts (think Joe Rogan and How Did This Get Made). One of the most recent ideas he shared with me is wanting to try out floating pools and cryotherapy (I'm in!) after hearing about it on a podcast.

In my case, I am usually more motivated by what I hear and see, but mostly what I see. I am very much a visual learner so my motivation is often drawn by what I read. Growing up I remember never accepting an idea or willing to try something unless I read about it. This really annoyed my mom because she'd try to give me advice, such as how drinking plenty of water is good for your skin, but I wouldn't believe her until I'd read it in a magazine article. Now I am mostly motivated by other bloggers I read such as The Nectar Collective  and Kayla Hollatz. Pinterest and Instagram also play a huge factor (hello travel pins and pics).

These are only two things that could possibly motivate us. The thing they have in common is that they come down to the fact that who we expose ourselves to can become our point of motivation. James listens to people he may admire or find credible, while I listen to the words I see written by someone I may admire or come to admire. It really comes down to the way in which we best absorb information or learn. 

I'm curious to see what motivates you. Share in the comments below if the above sound familiar or if you draw motivation in any other way. I hope this helps motivate you and helps fight the Monday blues.

Love,
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. Great post for a Monday.Different things motivate me.....I have my Cheerleaders who put up with my crazy dreams ......My readers of my blog .....The amazing brands that I work with motivate me to blog .... @verushka143 http://spicegoddess.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post for a Monday.Different things motivate me.....I have my Cheerleaders who put up with my crazy dreams ......My readers of my blog .....The amazing brands that I work with motivate me to blog .... @verushka143 http://spicegoddess.co.za

    ReplyDelete